JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey, all. I'm looking for some good places to take my 7yo daughter who's very interested in learning to fish. Anyone know some lakes that would be good to get her started? We're in Vancouver but I don't mind driving an hour or so to get there... and a short hike or backpacking trip wouldn't be out of the question either.

There's Klineline ponds right there in Vancouver. They stock that regularly if you look on the wa fish and wild life web site you can find all the local lakes and when they stock them. Also there's Kidney lake in North bonniville and out of Carson there's Goose lake it's a beautiful lake.
There's a few for ya to get started. Good luck!

If you go to B.G. Lake be prepared to look the other way as packs of cretins that speak Russian and Ukrainian treat the fishery (if you can call it that) as their primary means to feed 2/3 of the former Soviet Union. Be prepared for the park staff to do nothing when you complain, and be prepared for Washington game wardens to not show up if there is any other season going on somewhere else. Which, there generally is.

I'm not trying to be a racist or a jerk. That's just the way it is and it's too bad. Otherwise a nice place to take a kid fishing. Klineline is ok but a little too urban feeling for my tastes, feels like I'm fishing in the local public pool. There is a small lake just north of Kalama that is also stocked and would meet your requirements. I've fished it but cant recall it's name. Good luck wherever you go.

If you go to B.G. Lake be prepared to look the other way as packs of cretins that speak Russian and Ukrainian treat the fishery (if you can call it that) as their primary means to feed 2/3 of the former Soviet Union. Be prepared for the park staff to do nothing when you complain, and be prepared for Washington game wardens to not show up if there is any other season going on somewhere else. Which, there generally is.

I'm not trying to be a racist or a jerk. That's just the way it is and it's too bad. Otherwise a nice place to take a kid fishing. Klineline is ok but a little too urban feeling for my tastes, feels like I'm fishing in the local public pool. There is a small lake just north of Kalama that is also stocked and would meet your requirements. I've fished it but cant recall it's name. Good luck wherever you go.
Kress lake is the one you're thinking of. Horseshoe lake can be fun as well. Lots of triploids in there and they are pretty fun.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top