JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have had farmers insurance for years and like my agent, as I feel he has my back and is gun nut also. I have home, auto with them. Got my new renewal for the truck, it went way up. No reason for it and he couldn't give me a answer either. Kept the home with him but had to switch the truck. Saved $400 a year. Went with 21th century, underwritten by farmers, all done online, still get home discount because farmers holds 20% of 21th century. I mean $400 a year just on the truck, Holy S***t. Will check the home when it comes due, It's paid up for the year. Pays to shop I guess?

Yup, sounds like what they did with me. I bought my BMW I had them put insurance on it, they were going to charge me like $150/mo for it. I paid them one year of payments in advance because I didn't want to deal with it and they were giving me a discount. About a month into it they tell me that "something changed" it was now $300/mo and they needed the same amount I paid again to get the yearly pay discount because now I was only paid up for 6 months. I asked why it changed and they couldn't give me an answer, they just wanted money. It's when things like this happen that they lose my trust and my business.

The quotes are trickling in now. It looks like Safeco is in the lead. They are around $600 cheaper than Liberty Mutual, $1300 cheaper than Allstate and almost $1800 cheaper than Farmer's was a year ago. I'm getting quotes on the house, 2M umbrella, and three vehicles so it pays to shop around.

Like others have mentioned. I don't mind the higher deductibles, and only want to use the insurance for real accidents.

I figure no matter what insurance I have - I'm going with the cheapest reasonably legitimate company and saving the extra cash for hiring a good lawyer to fight with them if I ever have to make a claim. I pretty much expect insurance companies to be "difficult" when making any form of claim. ;)

One thing to keep in mind is you get what you pay for. I have several friends in the autobody and auto repair trades who deal with insurance companies daily as part of their job. They all insure with Farmers or State Farm and will have nothing to do with the rest of them.

I have The Hartford (through AARP) for home, umbrella and car insurance for 5 years now. They have a 12 month rate lock system, so that insurance rates do not change during that period. I haven’t made any claims ever so haven’t really got rude shocks so far!

Well guess I'll have to take back all the good things I said about The Hartford. Just got my renewal and it had a 23% increase. Called my agent and she said it wasn't anything to do with me or my record just an across the board adjustment by The Hartford.

Soooo, I've done some of the research thing and found a really really (really!) good deal.
If you are in the military or have served in the military take a look at USAA. For two vehicles (one driver with 2 tickets two years old), one house, $1M umbrella (which also covers our rental house) they were literally a $1,000 cheaper than The Hartford (with the 23% increase). I didn't have them do the rental as it is a brick home and I only know of two companies that will offer earthquake on masonary homes.

They also offer dividends back to the insured if they have a good year. Have not failed to have one in the last 8 years that I could verify. Definately worth looking into if you have the military issue covered.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top