JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just got our policy quotes for the next year and I see Allstate is continuing to push my rates up to where Farmer's had them 2 years ago. I've had no claims in this time frame and they have all our insurance coverage (house, umbrella, three vehicles).

Anyone shopped for insurance recently and found a good (reputable) Insurance company that was cheaper than others? I'm in SW Washington is that makes a difference.

I went to American Family a year or so ago. I suggest you check them out.

Thanks, I don't think I've ever got a quote from them. I had State Farm before Farmer's but they weren't cheap either.

Compared to some friends I have in the NE, it seems like our rates are higher than theirs.

My wife and I switched our auto/home/life insurance from allstate, to Liberty Mutual and got more/better coverage for slightly less than we were paying to Allstate. The customer service has also been way better. When we needed to make changes to our policy our agent has actually come out to our house on 2 occasions to take care of it face to face. :s0155:

We have Safeco here - our rates have been stable for years. However, we have good driving records, good credit, house insured, umbrella, etc. Our last claim with them went smoothly.

USAA is also a good choice - not certain if they still require you to have a connection to the military or not. We use them for banking.

Farmers jerked me around so I switched to Amica. They are highly rated by Consumer Reports.

Did it all on line. Never talked to a soul. Very easy and got a great rate.

Yes, Farmers kept raising our rates for no specific reason.

Some good suggestions here, I'll start the oh so joyous quote process. :eek:

Here is one you don't hear very often. Try GMAC insurance. Best prices I found. They also do a partnership with Homestead Ins. for the house, etc. Beat all other quotes I got for both.

I found the same thing with Allstate very frustrating. When I went out to the market i found they all had similar rates, went back to Allstate and adjusted my deductible and values to be more in line with current market. After all that my premium ended up less than the previous year. I'm still getting screwed on the cars so I'll likely move them from Allstate.
Watch the home policy if you're on the Deluxe Homeowners as I'm on and you believe there ever my be a claim the policy guarantees continued insurance after a loss with no increase. Most policies don't have this feature unless you buy into that coverage.
Good luck and what a pain!

My wife and I use to be with Farmers for nearly 18 years. Earlier this year we started some shopping for new insurance. Since I'm an AARP member we checked with them (Hartford insurance)....for the house, car, RV, life and umbrella policy....AARP (Hartford) saved us $800 per yr.

We sent the quote to our Farmers rep....he reviewed and came back with....I'll be sorry to see you guys go, but I just can't match the quote.

Needless to say we switched the next day.

Now I have more money for bang bang toys.

I have had State Farm for quite a while and while thre might be cheaper insurance out there the customer service atleast at my local office cant be beat When I got my home owners policy and we started talking about firearms they did not bat a eye or ask any questions except for what I use to hunt with.

...and adjusted my deductible and values to be more in line with current market.
Bingo -- no matter whom you insure with, if you can afford to 'self insure' for the difference, check into higher deductibles. When I checked, years ago, bumping up from $100 to $500 saved about $250/yr. Yeah -- covered the deductible in under two years of premiums.

MrB

im sorry but bubblegum the insurance companies, the whole system is a racket like a lot of other things in this country. bubblegum em, they screw you for the most $$$ in premiums they can so they live fatter. travelers online or unitren online, never have to talk to anybody. i got insurance for about 1/3 of what the others were charging. im thinkin about calling that guy in vancouver though that has those awsome comercials, the "funk" or something like that.....

^ You're talking about Vern Fonk.

I have Travelers for auto right now but I'm about to switch due to their anti-gun policies. I've found State Farm to be extremely gun friendly, something I value (obviously), so they'll be getting my auto insurance business as well. You guys with renters or homeowners insurance should make sure the company you're with specifically covers black rifles and 'combat handguns'. Many have disclaimers in the fine print (such as Travelers) and these types of firearms are not covered.

I had allstate for 8 years and every year it went up and up, with no claims. I went to American Family and they cut my rates by half, plus I got better coverage and full coverage on my quads. Not sure about your neck of the woods, but I tell everyone about them.

My girlfriend was paying $175 with some company called omni for a 1999 volvo s80, she just bought a 2010 honda accord and full coverage, at 100,300,100 is only $79 a month with a $250 deductible.

The Hartford has done a good job for me. A while with AARP, then got a ticket and they raised my rates significantly (!). I dropped AARP, went direct to Hartford and got almost the same rates I had with Hartford before the ticket.

The only company I refuse to do any business with is Liberty Mutual. I feel their professional and business practices are such that I wouldn't give them dime of my money. There are too many other good companies to deal with.

Currently I have Geico. I used to have Farmers, but on top of them charging me too much they were being really shady, so much to the fact that they told me that $700 I paid in advance was "already used" and I needed to pay them more. After I canceled, I had corporate send me a check for the exact amount I said I already paid. On top of that they were charging me about 3x the amount any other company would charge me. Progressive wasn't bad, but they still were charging me too much, Geico came through and got me good rates and great service.

Just FYI: For rates for full coverage I was paying $300/mo at Farmers, $165/mo at Progressive, and $100/mo at Geico. Also with at Farmers that price even included a life insurance and renters insurance discount where the other ones were just auto.

I have had farmers insurance for years and like my agent, as I feel he has my back and is gun nut also. I have home, auto with them. Got my new renewal for the truck, it went way up. No reason for it and he couldn't give me a answer either. Kept the home with him but had to switch the truck. Saved $400 a year. Went with 21th century, underwritten by farmers, all done online, still get home discount because farmers holds 20% of 21th century. I mean $400 a year just on the truck, Holy S***t. Will check the home when it comes due, It's paid up for the year. Pays to shop I guess?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top