JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm looking for a good OWB holster for my full size Rock Island 1911 for woods carry and competition. It also needs to accommodate a 1.75-2.25" wide belt. Budget wise I've got about 50$ to spend on it.

I would not put any of my guns in a Fobus holster! They are made of a plastic that attracts and holds dirt and grit. I have seen more finishes ruined by this than any other! Just my 2 cents! DR

Frankly, I've never seen a "good & inexpensive" holster of any kind; unless you can find one on the "used" Market. The used Market is generally the gun shows.

You might take a look at DeSantis. They make pretty decent gun leather for not too many dollars. Their stuff is a little thinner than the more expensive brands, but they give me good service.

Last Edited:
Try a Safariland 568 holster. It is laminated and soft as leather. Retention is adjustable and can be used as a OWB concealed holster. I love mine and paid at most about $40.

Frankly, I've never seen a "good & inexpensive" holster of any kind; unless you can find one on the "used" Market. The used Market is generally the gun shows.

Want used Ebay has always had a ton of them. Holsters are one of those things few people who shoot and or carry don't end up with several not used any more. People are always buying something either because it looks or sounds great by recommendation. Then soon find they don't care for it. Before the days of Ebay I always had several holsters in one of the "junk boxes". When I first got online and signed up they were some of my first sales, getting a new home for ones that were often in VERY good shape.

Last Edited:
Any recommendations for good holsters, that go for 50ish used?

I wouldn't go with used unless you know exactly what your looking for.

the Ross Leather that DirectDrive recommended is what I would pick on a budget. Midway usually has it shipped to you in less than a week regardless of selecting their cheapest shipping option. You might also try Sportsmans or Cabela's in store, they probably have something simple in OWB.

I just bought my third Safariland 568 style holster. This one for my AMT Hardballer (yes, I said hardballer). Perfect fit. Bought it at Midway for around $30. See my post above.

I, also, was going to say that good and inexpensive are not found in the same holster.
I have used some Uncle Mikes holsters that were perfectly serviceable. They are not expensive and work just fine. They are the black nylon kind. Not my favorite...
I have a few decent leather holsters for our 1911s. One High Noon and two Galco, one of which is lined. Don't think I paid more than $40 for any one buying them used. I even sold a fancy one (sharkskin) for less than $50 on here!
The classifieds here are a good place to look. That's where I found mine.

Here is an IWB and OWB with a couple matching mag carriers that Ryan @ORYGUNHolsterCompany custom made for my 1911.

He is an artist and craftsman, and I'm a perfectionist;).

IMG_1976.JPG IMG_1977.JPG

Super comfy and imo look cool too:cool:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top