JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a dissipator style AR with a rifle length fixed front sight and I'm looking to get a simple free float tube for a little better accuracy. I was thinking of getting a hogue knurled aluminum tube because I like the looks of it and it fits with the front sight, but I would would have to drill it for a rail and sling which isn't really a big deal. Are there any other FF Tubes like the Hogue with a small Picatinny rail on the front for bi-pods and slings?

Last Edited:
How far are you shooting? Is the rifle set up with a magnified optic, 0x optic, etc?

The reason I ask, is that there could be a point of diminishing returns that isn't worth the hassle. You could use a drop-in handguard that offers the ability to attach whatever you'd want.

It has a red dot on it, and I'm shooting out to 2-300 yards. I already have a bayonet lug rail for a light and sling mount. With irons it wasn't really a problem because the sight moved with the barrel but with the red dot using the sling or resting the handguard on something opens up the group.

The ALG rails are quality gear and can be had for around $100 depending on length. They're MLOK so you can add a sling mount or rail section.

Ergonomic Modular Rail (EMR) V1 M-LOK
Those look good but I don't think they'll fit with the front sight, I'm only seeing 10, 13, and 15" rails.

White Oak might have what you want...
Shop New Varmint Rifle Float Tube | Handguards and Parts
Or install the "kit" (see both options above) onto your Hogue.
Shop New 3 Rail Kit | Handguards and Parts
That looks almost exactly what I was thinking of, do you know if it fits with a rifle length front sight attached?

It doesn't have a USGI FSB on it (receiver height railed gas-Block w/ 45° offset BUIS) but here's my 6.8SPC kit with a rifle-length Houge free-float tube for a visual reference. It's quite comfortable on the support-hand as they middle section has a rubber over-mould on it.

E3B97286-06E7-4D3C-B030-3679B2059BDC.jpeg 2D636992-CA3A-4B6F-85FB-6BBA35E84723.jpeg CE84F079-E76F-41EF-BD05-59346C15DA07.jpeg 60598330-DBAD-43B4-BCBD-8AB8134CEB65.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top