JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So, if you bought multiple different style before finding one that was right isn't it better that the ones that did not work out were cheap holsters and not expensive custom ones?

Yes, it would be a bummer to buy a $140 Milt Sparks or something and decide you didn't like it. Although the higher priced holsters for the most part seem to address the complaints I had about the cheap ones so maybe if I had started with something better I wouldn't have a box of throwaways. Who knows. I did get by carrying for the first couple years with cheap holsters, so it's not like you can't carry with a cheap one. Just was never comfortable or secure in my experience.

Yes, it would be a bummer to buy a $140 Milt Sparks or something and decide you didn't like it. Although the higher priced holsters for the most part seem to address the complaints I had about the cheap ones so maybe if I had started with something better I wouldn't have a box of throwaways. Who knows. I did get by carrying for the first couple years with cheap holsters, so it's not like you can't carry with a cheap one. Just was never comfortable or secure in my experience.
That is not usually how it works. The biggest problems new carriers face seldom come from the quality of the holster (most $30+ holsters will work as well as custom holsters), but instead come from not knowing what style of holster and method of carry works best for them. Do they want a cant or not? Do they want IWB or OWB? Do they want to carry at 3 o'clock, 4 o'clock, crossdraw? Do they want a thumb break or not? Only through trial and error can you figure these things out.

ANything with a plastic clip like the Stow and Go are crap and the only thing holding your gun in place is the tightness of your belt. They will come off when seated etc.. Plastic belt clips on any hoster make it a waste of money.

ANything with a plastic clip like the Stow and Go are crap and the only thing holding your gun in place is the tightness of your belt. They will come off when seated etc.. Plastic belt clips on any hoster make it a waste of money.

A plastic belt clip means the belt holds the gun in place and will come off when seated?

That makes absolutely no sense.

As far as plastic clips making a holster a waste of money, I disagree.
Another one of my favorite holsters is this one:View attachment 190300

Galco scout. It's right at the $50 mark. I usually wear this when I'm not going to be wearing a belt. It's nice and snug so the gun stays secure. And it holds it's form well enough that I can re-holster without hassle.
This is one of the 7 holsters I have for my glock 26, and it's probably the 2nd most used.

I stand corrected. The J clip will not, but the standard clip style such as on the Stow and Go will. I didn't mean anything with a plastic clip only has the belt to hold it in place (although thats how it read). I meant that with a Stow and Go the belt is all that holds it and it will come off when sitting. Just a little clarification of my previous post.

That is not usually how it works. The biggest problems new carriers face seldom come from the quality of the holster (most $30+ holsters will work as well as custom holsters), but instead come from not knowing what style of holster and method of carry works best for them. Do they want a cant or not? Do they want IWB or OWB? Do they want to carry at 3 o'clock, 4 o'clock, crossdraw? Do they want a thumb break or not? Only through trial and error can you figure these things out.

My "first" CC holster is as Ted Blocker $110 perfectly made OWB paddle holster. Like you have stated, I found that the position of carry is not for me and am now buying (after trying a friends) a $50.00 OWB snap on side holster.... If I would have bought a cheap paddle holster in the beginning, I would not be out $110 for what is going to become a beside holster... Great job PlayboyPenguin...

I stand corrected. The J clip will not, but the standard clip style such as on the Stow and Go will. I didn't mean anything with a plastic clip only has the belt to hold it in place (although thats how it read). I meant that with a Stow and Go the belt is all that holds it and it will come off when sitting. Just a little clarification of my previous post.

No, it won't. It has the same hook at the bottom of the clip. Have you ever owned one??? Once the Stow-N-Go is clipped onto your belt it takes real effort to get it off.

+1 on the crossbreed super tuck, a bit more than the $50 guideline but it was around 67.99 + s&h. best concealability that I have experienced, most all day comfort, and right in my price range. I ordered one for my P345 and after carrying that for a while bought a SR9c, the smaller 9mm fit perfect in the crossbreed that was molded for the p345. Not that this will work for everyone but I am more than satisfied with my crossbreed. Eventually I will order one specifically made for my SR9c but for right now why fix it if it isn't broke. As far as IWB is concerned I will not order any different brand than crossbreed. As far as OWB I only go with Fobus kydex paddle holsters. Around $25 bucks for any gun I have needed to order one for. Keeps the gun as close as anything else and the guns don't flop around. I had a cheapo uncle mikes and my P345 was too grip heavy with the ammo and would flop around no matter how much I spent on a belt. After using a paddle holster all those problems were alleviated. Even with no belt and jeans. I find something I like and I stick with it.

Been using a Remora for a while now, came in at just under $30 with the kydex reinforcement and the extended sweat shield. (i recommend both) very happy with it, and the IWB mag carrier.

i carried for years with a $12 uncles mikes IWB and it worked well, i'm trying other things now more out of curiosity than anything else. the real kicker is that then and now i do 90%+ of my carry with a cheap nylon military style belt (~$7.50 at the PX). i've never felt the need for a particularly supportive belt for IWB, getting it good and tight is all you need.

No, it won't. It has the same hook at the bottom of the clip. Have you ever owned one??? Once the Stow-N-Go is clipped onto your belt it takes real effort to get it off.

Oh yes, I have owned a couple. For some reason I didn't learn the first time. Stow and go are pieces of crap. I carry while seated often and they just do not work well for that or hold the gun within the holster well with just a piece of hard wire at the top rim. My experiences. Obviously yours have varied.

Oh yes, I have owned a couple. For some reason I didn't learn the first time. Stow and go are pieces of crap. I carry while seated often and they just do not work well for that or hold the gun within the holster well with just a piece of hard wire at the top rim. My experiences. Obviously yours have varied.
I think the problem here is you do not know how to wear the holster properly or you are trying to carry too large a gun for the way you carry it. I am in and out of my car all day with mine and never a single issue. I own several of them. The only way the gun will push up out of a softside holster is if the muzzle is being pushed up from underneat. Even then it has to be sticling outside the bottom of the holster.

I think the problem here is you do not know how to wear the holster properly or you are trying to carry too large a gun for the way you carry it. I am in and out of my car all day with mine and never a single issue. I own several of them. The only way the gun will push up out of a softside holster is if the muzzle is being pushed up from underneat. Even then it has to be sticling outside the bottom of the holster.

I had the same problems with my Stow-N-Go/ Kahr MK9 combo, I guess that gun was just too big.;)

The wire made the leather poke me no matter which position I wore it. Also the muzzle end always dug into my hip and there was no "shielding" for grip end of the gun so THAT poked me to. Also to get the holster rigid enough to allow re-holstering (which it barely did, I'd have to cram the gun in to re-holster) the mouth of the holster has two pieces of leather on each side of the gun, making the Kahr/holster combo thicker than a double stack .XD40 in a Crossbreed Supertuck.

I guess the quality of the Stow-N-Go is good, but for me, it is just a lousy design.

I do know how to wear a clip on Holster. My quality built ones with steel clips work just fine. The Stow and Go pos does not. Its not the gun that will come out, but the holster itself becomes detached from the Belt. It happens quite often with the G26 I tried one with and even with my PF9 when I had one. Obviously you like them but I feel they are useless and you are way better off spending another $30 to $50 for a lower end custom made holster any day if you know the design you want.

PBP, I know exactly what you mean back a novice buying a holster. I have a Wal Mart air pistol holster, $7.00, a Uncle Mikes for 586, a Sariland leather shoulder holster for 586, a cheap $19.99 shoulder holster for either Couger or 586.
Then I found LittleBear holsters on the Florida concealedcarry forum about 2years ago. I signed up for a free $45.00 holster and ****'s bell's I won.
Well to make a long story short I ended up buying a $95 1.5" dark brown sharkskin belt to go with a leather IWB/OWB holster and had it trimmed with dark brown sharkskin with sharkskin belt loops.
I have taken this holster and worn it IWB, OWB, between the pants and my belt, then I made some spring steel clips and turned this holster into a tuckable. For $95.00 I feel I have 4 holsters in one or as I tell my wife, " it is only a littler over $22.00 a holster".

I must have missed the memo that holsters had to be $150 dollars and custom made to work...

This was about $53.00 shipped. Galco King Tuk

56f4f225.jpg

98e8261d.jpg

I also use a Galco summer comfort for my 1911.

Use a Kholster that I got for 35 bucks during on of their sales. Amazing holster, I was afraid that after 3 months of carrying pocket (summer) that it would be uncomfortable or that I'd loss that muscle memory for drawing and the weight on my hip.

But man I forgot how comfortable it is and how easy it is to draw. Love the thing. No chance in **** would I pay big money for a holster. The Nemesis holster was even cheaper, like 15 bucks from midway.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top