JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The overall length of my Daniel Defense v7 is about 32'' (Magpul stock collapsed), the barrel is 16'' plus the flash hider. The factory case it came with is much longer, unfortunately.

Can you recommend a quality hard case to transport it to the range? It can be as short as 34'', I do have an extra bag for my mags and ammo (but would not mind transporting the mags in the case either).

By "quality" I mean something that you can drop, sit on, that will not break down in a year or two. It should be able to take a beating at the airport if I ever need to take it to another state. Nothing extreme - I do not need it "completely waterproof", capable of withstanding a nuclear strike / direct shotgun blast / etc.

Thanks in advance.

Pelican, hands down. They make all widths and lengths.
There are other brands but essentially the designs are relatively the same.

Cabelas has them in piles so no trouble finding them. (Especially here in Tulalip where Im at for my vacation)

Its an investment. Perfect for transport and storage.
Id only drop the coin on it if you're serious about the particular rifle(s) you plan on keeping in there. Only a few if my sweethearts get to travel first class.. The rest get coach.

Let me put it this way:

Here is the Boyt case: <broken link removed>

And here is the Pelican case which is almost identical to the Boyt case, but contains extra, useless features such as handles on each end, and wheels for when you feel that lifting <20lbs is...well...just too much to bear. Amazon.com: Pelican 1720 OD Green Rifle Case with Foam: Sports & Outdoors

Boyt case: $119.00. Pelican case: $239.00.

Winner: Boyt

P.S. I have a Boyt case for my Garand, and you could drive over it with a Deuce and Half and not dent it.

I own a pelican 1720 and my buddy has a boyt H51 ($50 cheaper). They are both very high quality and I would trust my rifles in either of them but the pelican does seem a little more ridgid but then again I like the latches on the boyt a lot more then the pelican.

Fisherman's delta park has hard cases which are surprisingly similar to my Pelican (which incidentally is not as nice as my boyt)
They also have pricing which is cheaper than ordering one in.

I have a Pelican I can put my AR15 and AR10 in + 3 magazines, Scope for the AR10 and a CZ75.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top