JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
I hate that you and others like you are just fine with the murder of a hero, who went out of his way too save innocent lives
All I can say is facts over feelings. I personally think it's terrible he lost his life. I wish we as a society could avoid things like that. On the flip side though the cop was put in a terrible situation where he made (in my own opinion) the correct decision to neutralize a threat with the information he had. Sadly these scenarios are not easy or cookie cutter events. The victim in this scenario did what he thought was right but could not look farther than the present scenario he forced himself into and ended up giving up his life for it. He may have saved many lives but he also lost his because of his careless actions. If he would have pushed the rifle off to the side, out of reach and left it on the floor after the threat was neutralized he would probably be alive to be that "hero."

In every group of people most will be good and some will not.
In every group of people most will be competent and some will not.
This applies to police as well.

Every action you take or do not take involves risk.

Yesterday I went to the store for a few items. I could have been killed in an accident, hit my a falling tree, shot during road rage, or killed by many other things that fortunately did not happen.

Had I not gone I could have been killed in a house fire, killed during a home invasion, electrocuted by a radio falling into a bath tub or many other things that fortunately did not happen.

I can say that I would rather take the risk of intervening to save someone's life at my own peril than I would laying awake every night for the rest of my life knowing that someone died and I could have prevented it from happening, but instead chose not to act.

I would forgive a police officer who made an honest mistake and wounded me even mortally.

That's my personal decision. YMMV.

In every group of people most will be good and some will not.
In every group of people most will be competent and some will not.
This applies to police as well.

Every action you take or do not take involves risk.

Yesterday I went to the store for a few items. I could have been killed in an accident, hit my a falling tree, shot during road rage, or killed by many other things that fortunately did not happen.

Had I not gone I could have been killed in a house fire, killed during a home invasion, electrocuted by a radio falling into a bath tub or many other things that fortunately did not happen.

I can say that I would rather take the risk of intervening to save someone's life at my own peril than I would laying awake every night for the rest of my life knowing that someone died and I could have prevented it from happening, but instead chose not to act.

I would forgive a police officer who made an honest mistake and wounded me even mortally.

That's my personal decision. YMMV.
Would you forgive these 7 officers?

Did they just made a small, easily forgivable mistake?

Would you forgive these 7 officers?

Did they just made a small, easily forgivable mistake?
Whataboutism is a non argument. Not even going to click on the link.

I would hope that I could forgive even those who are bad or incompetent.

Regardless I will not paint ALL police with one wide paintbrush based on the actions of a few,

Sad. And it appeared that the two civilians just let him blow right by them without even sending a warning. That guy was obviously intent on killing cops. Glad he's in the dirt. My heart goes out to the cop and the bystander's families. My opinion so far on the shooting remains the same. Another reason why situational awareness and checking your 6 is extremely important. Whether on the job or simply walking down the street in plain clothes.

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads