Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Good guy stabbed, bad guy shot

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by Dave Workman, Sep 16, 2013.

1. Dave Workman

Dave Workman Western Washington Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

2. U201491

U201491 Well-Known Member

That is a well written article.

3. rdb241

rdb241 Puyallup Washington Gold Supporter Gold Supporter

Dave I have a question. In the Marina incident, was it even legal for a person to "barrow" another person's shotgun and take a shot at somebody that is damaging someone elses property when the original person who took the shot, his life is not in imeadiate danger? For some reason that does not make any sense to me. At the very least he should be charged with reckless endangerment. In my opinion that was a classic case of exccesive use of deadly force.

4. Dave Workman

Dave Workman Western Washington Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Who said his life was not in immediate danger?
    There were several people on the docks that were being rammed and they were in immediate danger. Boats have fuel on board and a ruptured fuel tank poses an immediate danger both environmentally and perhaps disastrously with a spark.

From what I understand talking to the cops, shotgun guy may have prevented a worse situation.

We'll see if the prosecutor decides to pursue a charge against shotgun guy.

5. One-Eyed Ross

One-Eyed Ross Winlock, WA Well-Known Member

RCW 9A.16.020
    Use of force — When lawful.
    The use, attempt, or offer to use force upon or toward the person of another is not unlawful in the following cases:
    (3) Whenever used by a party about to be injured, or by another lawfully aiding him or her, in preventing or attempting to prevent an offense against his or her person, or a malicious trespass, or other malicious interference with real or personal property lawfully in his or her possession, in case the force is not more than is necessary;

RCW 9A.16.020: Use of force ? When lawful.