JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
When an armed citizen intervenes in Seattle

Two incidents over the weekend, one unfolding late last night and the other Friday night, provide stark contrast and some evidence that the outcome of a crime may be different when an armed citizen intervenes.

<broken link removed>

When an armed citizen intervenes in Seattle

Two incidents over the weekend, one unfolding late last night and the other Friday night, provide stark contrast and some evidence that the outcome of a crime may be different when an armed citizen intervenes.

<broken link removed>

That is a well written article.

Dave I have a question. In the Marina incident, was it even legal for a person to "barrow" another person's shotgun and take a shot at somebody that is damaging someone elses property when the original person who took the shot, his life is not in imeadiate danger? For some reason that does not make any sense to me. At the very least he should be charged with reckless endangerment. In my opinion that was a classic case of exccesive use of deadly force.

Dave I have a question. In the Marina incident, was it even legal for a person to "barrow" another person's shotgun and take a shot at somebody that is damaging someone elses property when the original person who took the shot, his life is not in imeadiate danger? For some reason that does not make any sense to me. At the very least he should be charged with reckless endangerment. In my opinion that was a classic case of exccesive use of deadly force.

Who said his life was not in immediate danger?
There were several people on the docks that were being rammed and they were in immediate danger. Boats have fuel on board and a ruptured fuel tank poses an immediate danger both environmentally and perhaps disastrously with a spark.

From what I understand talking to the cops, shotgun guy may have prevented a worse situation.

We'll see if the prosecutor decides to pursue a charge against shotgun guy.

RCW 9A.16.020
Use of force &#8212; When lawful.
The use, attempt, or offer to use force upon or toward the person of another is not unlawful in the following cases:
(3) Whenever used by a party about to be injured, or by another lawfully aiding him or her, in preventing or attempting to prevent an offense against his or her person, or a malicious trespass, or other malicious interference with real or personal property lawfully in his or her possession, in case the force is not more than is necessary;

RCW 9A.16.020: Use of force ? When lawful.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top