Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Good Gun Shops in Portland, OR?

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by hawksblue, Feb 10, 2010.

1. hawksblue

hawksblue WA New Member

Hi Folks, I'm new to the forum and sorry if this has been asked before (I found the polling section for Oregon but lots of those looked like gun clubs), but I'm heading to Portland this weekend and was wondering if you all could recommend a few good shops to stop by that aren't too far away from NE Portland.

I'd like to pick up an AT GSG-5 for mindless plinking this summer and it'd be nice to be able to grab one for no sales tax (including some accessories for it). Also, I'm looking for another carry pistol, and have been eyeballing the PPS .40, but still haven't fully made up my mind. Anyway, it'd be nice to stop by a place with good selection and helpful people, as well as good prices (it wouldn't make much sense to save on the sales tax but pay a premium in terms of price).

Here in Seattle I shop at Sportco quite a bit which has great member prices on weapons and ammo. Anything similar or even better in Portland?

Thanks in advance, and I look forward to participating in this forum.

2. Trlsmn

Trlsmn In Utero (Portland) Well-Known Member

If you are are a Washington resident you should try member Coctailer, he lives in Vancouver is an FFL and last I knew had GSG's for sale. Any gun you buy in Oregon will have to be shipped to a Washington FFL costing you shipping and FFL fee likely negating any Tax savings.

http://www.ortweinintl.com/index2.php?pg=gsg5

3. hawksblue

hawksblue WA New Member

Even if I'm buying it in person and it's a rifle? I can't just walk out the store with it?

4. Trlsmn

Mea culpa, I had the GSG pistol in my head, yes you can buy the rifle as a WA resident in Oregon though I would still recommend you check with the guy at that link as he can likely get you the best price if he has one..

5. hawksblue

hawksblue WA New Member

Yeah, I'm looking for the rifle. Thanks for the lead though, his site looks cool and I just sent him a PM. Cheers!

6. FlyGuy

FlyGuy Portland, OR Member

I'm also looking for gun brokers. Any other places you guys recommend other than The Gun Broker?

7. Trlsmn

A lot of people complain about Keith's in Gresham but he has a great selection and good prices.

8. hawksblue

hawksblue WA New Member

Yeah, I've seen the complaints and the good reviews. All over the map!

9. Trlsmn

I call them and ask if they have what I want and the price then walk in and buy it and I've had zero problems with them personally.

10. fry

fry pacific north west Active Member

yes on the long guns no on hand guns.

kieth is a bit pinched up but he's not a bad guy.

his slogan is "if we dont have it, you dont need it"

Royd@ CLackamas "Gun Broker" is ok too in a pro wrestler kind of way.

11. huntpotter

huntpotter SW WA Negotiator Bronze Supporter

When I buy a gun in OR, I usually run over the river to Fisherman's marine and outdoor, at the hayden meadows exit, off I-5. No sales tax. And I've even used a 10% off coupon on a rifle before too. Saved me big bucks. Last time I was there they had lots more semi-auto tactical stuff too, AR's, mini-14s, stuff like that.