JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
OK Joe. I admit that what I can do is just a fun party trick for most.:D
And for the average guy your Beretta or a sig will be faster.

But with a little practice?

AWRq2.gif

My son used a Model 10 S&W, but that was 20 years ago. And he likes revolvers.

He did the guard and driver at times. Hard work, heavy loads.

Aren't you the perfect use case for the Glock 45? Full length grip for 17+1 (no need to conceal grip length), but shorter barrel for ease when sitting down.

Maybe the 19X would work, too. They are very similar.

And NO a Glock 45 is not in 45acp, it is in 9mm.

As you're likely to be getting in/out of vehicles alot, as well as other weight on your belt, I'd probably give the nod to a 9mm subcompact as long as you shoot it well. Of what's out there I'd probably go with the M&P9 Compact 2.0. They're new for under $400. Good ergos, decent out of the box, lifetime warranty and decent selection of holsters, etc.

Unless everyone else has standardized on something else...you don't want to be the odd guy out.

Boss

No Springfield Xd(x) love on this forum?

For 99.99% (hopefully 100%) of the time you are on the job the gun is just going to be a necessary annoyance. "Hard work, Heavy loads" why get anything bulkier or heavier than necessary? I love my Beretta 92 but there is no way I would want to carry it around all day even without the hard work and heavy loads.

Think light weight, compact and comfortable but will still save your life if you have to use it. I would want something that rode securily on my belt instead of flapping from my belt.

I don't own a .40 S&W and don't really care for them but they do pack a pretty good wallop if you can shoot one well.

I would probably lean towards a XD mod 2 with 4" barrel or XDm with 3.8 barrel. Personally I shoot my XD mod 2 with 3.3" barrel and 16 round extended magazine very well and really like the size and weight for hiking.

Last Edited:
The nice thing about some .40 S&W handguns, is that they can be converted to 9mm with a conversion barrel.

SIGs do this well.

The 226 is comparable to the Glock 17 in size, the 229 to the Glock 19, the 224 to the Glock 26, and then there is the 365 for your last ditch backup gun concealed on your person. The thing I like about DA/SA SIGs is you can safely carry them with a round in the chamber and the hammer down, the first shot is then DA (unless you take the time to cock the hammer manually) and then SA thereafter. If there is a failure to fire, pulling the trigger again in DA mode has an 80% chance of getting the round to fire (most failure to fires are fixed by a second strike on the primer).

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top