JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm thinking one of these would be perfect!

$100 hipoint.png :s0140:

I love my gen3 G17. (17 rounds)

I also love my Beretta 92fs. (15rds)

I can and do carry the G17 concealed all the time.

I shoot the Beretta much better though.

You can find either one used in good condition for $500 or less.

If your a bigger guy and have large hands the Beretta is more comfortable to me (XXL hands) but the G17 is as well.

I would side with the folks that recommend to go tona range that has a good selection and buy the one YOU shoot the best.

**side note, the glock will hold a light and the Beretta will not unless you get the newer version of them and that might cost a bit more.

Something light like a glock or m&p, when I see them coming in and delivering cash or lugging coin, I feel bad cause he always looked uncomfortable. Like if you are carrying a bag with $200k and pushing a handtruck with $4000 of quarters on it, do you want a huge sidearm clanking against you?

I think that company feels safe in Portland cause when I was in Seattle at one of the branches, it was always two guys that came in, one held the cash and the other held a shotgun at low ready.

The glock blue line will net you a gen 4 for about 480 (i think) if u dont like glock you can pick up an m&p 1st gen for in the 300-400 range. Solid pistols themselves, Springfield XD series is a decent line up as well. Ranging from 400 to 600 dollars. Ruger sr9s or sr45s can be picked up pretty cheap and they will go bang every time. Sig p320's cant go wrong there.
I recommend avoiding Taurus, diamond and any non "main stream" manufacturer, also avoid the "tacticool" mindset, it's all about functionality not looks. There a time and a place for the Gucci glocks and tricked out pistols, work isnt one of those places.
I'd stick to 9mm or .45, .40 has never been a caliber that interested me.
Good luck out there, armored car jobs are fun work but you can get burnt out quick.

Glock blue label 17/19/22/23 are $425 with standard sights.
Just know the gun is going to get the crap beat out of it hopping in and out of the trucks, smacking into doorframes, etc.

Ask them whats allowed. I almost took q job with them years ago, back then you had to carry a company issed S&W 686 for the first 90 days or something like that. After that they had other requirements - I think they mandated a hammer fired doubled. See what their policy says now.

Do you have at least your DPSST Unarmed Cert already? If not, you won't be able to carry for awhile anyway.
They'll let you carry just about anything. I would be biased towards Glocks, M&Ps, or even XDs as a duty weapon. Reason being a lot of people can work on them should you need help for some reason. There are obviously others that are good guns, but support may not be as accessible as you need. Or things like holsters, mags, etc may be harder/more expensive to obtain.
If you have other questions feel free to ask. I don't work for Loomis, but am in that business.

I would be biased towards Glocks, M&Ps, or even XDs as a duty weapon. Reason being a lot of people can work on them should you need help for some reason. There are obviously others that are good guns, but support may not be as accessible as you need. Or things like holsters, mags, etc may be harder/more expensive to obtain.
If you have other questions feel free to ask. I don't work for Loomis, but am in that business.

Glock as a tool. That's where they really shine when compared to other similar pistols.
With very little training You can replace any part other than the barrel or striker for less than $25.
And any part in under five minutes.

There is no gun that's faster/simpler to remove the slide. And disassemble for cleaning.

Glock as a tool. That's where they really shine when compared to other similar pistols.
With very little training You can replace any part other than the barrel or striker for less than $25.
And any part in under five minutes.

There is no gun that's faster/simpler to remove the slide. And disassemble for cleaning.

Idk about that last part:p

The Beretta has a lever you flip and off goes the slide and barrel assembly.;)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top