JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well at the gun show yesterday there was lots of .22s around. Federal 550s at $50 every few tables and one guy who has an ammo table had "9mm/no limit/$35 box of 50". While standing there wondering who would pay that, a guy comes up and bought ten boxes!

What's the policy on gunbroker for bailing on an auction come close?

For buyers who flake, there isn't much effective discipline that GB can apply. GB says non-paying bidders "could get their account suspended." Could doesn't mean will. Maybe there is a number of non-paying episodes that they will tolerate up to, I don't know. Non-payers get their feedback negged. I don't know how much value that has. As a seller, you may block certain bidders but I don't think you can do blanket blocking.

For sellers, it's a pain in the butt to get your fee back and relist. You have to do certain things within certain time frames, meanwhile time's a wastin' while you're waiting to relist. I've had a couple of these over the years with GB. I figure it comes with the territory. I haven't signed up with any of the newer instant payment methods that have come along lately. I don't like PayPal for a couple of reasons, not the least of which are the fees. So as an occasional private seller, I only take payments by mail. Which introduces an element of risk; the seller might find something next day that costs 25 cents less so won't want to complete his GB transaction.

Right now, Gunbroker is a pretty good stroke for sellers. Because even many previously common things are not available for sale through regular supply channels. So lots of stuff is moving around in the secondary market. For the same reason, prices on many things are very high.

Well at the gun show yesterday there was lots of .22s around. Federal 550s at $50 every few tables and one guy who has an ammo table had "9mm/no limit/$35 box of 50". While standing there wondering who would pay that, a guy comes up and bought ten boxes!

There was a gun show??? :eek:

I miss going to them..... where was this one at?

The gunshow was in easter Iowa. Another one in Davenport , IA this weekend. A mask was REQUIRED to get in. by Politburo order, but once in, EVERYONE took them off! Went to the local Wally today and the gun rack was GONE! The ammo shelves were cut in half (no ammo anyway, the ONLY ammo there was a single box of shotgun shells!), and the magazine (reading, I mean) rack was purged, so 70% of my reasons to even go to the Wally is now gone. Guess I should have got someone to come over and sell me that last box of .22s a few months ago! Hope it went to a good home and not one of the scum at the gun show selling Federal 550 packs for $50!

Holy bubblegum
At $.37/round I'm rich!

That settles it, Pappa needs a new outboard motor.:p

16228EFC-FBF7-4E6C-9151-AB4E429B228B.jpeg

What's the policy on gunbroker for bailing on an auction come close?

No way in hell this is real.
Nah,
Make a sub account and bid your own stuff up. With no recourse, why not?

You can create the hype yourself. Once one seller lists bubblegum for $5/round, the others will follow suit. Pretty soon it's all hell broken loose.

I used to do this years ago on Craigslist when I'd sell something in demand. I'd list my price so high that others would follow suit. Once they all had their prices way up, I'd cut my price to normal. It would sell instantly, meanwhile everyone else were left holding theirs because after mine sold I'd keep the ad up with the lower price.

Follow? it's a great technique to artificially inflate the market then cut your price to sell.

I was hoping they world try to curb the ridiculousness.

I left eBay decades ago and likely will never look on their for anything again because of the stuff that took place then, I can only imagine what eBay looks like now.

I have never had any interest in buying anything from Gunbroker up till recently, as things are darn near impossible to find, but in there.

Nah,
Make a sub account and bid your own stuff up. With no recourse, why not?

You can create the hype yourself. Once one seller lists bubblegum for $5/round, the others will follow suit. Pretty soon it's all hell broken loose.

I used to do this years ago on Craigslist when I'd sell something in demand. I'd list my price so high that others would follow suit. Once they all had their prices way up, I'd cut my price to normal. It would sell instantly, meanwhile everyone else were left holding theirs because after mine sold I'd keep the ad up with the lower price.

Follow? it's a great technique to artificially inflate the market then cut your price to sell.
Yup, seen that happen on fleabay...

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top