JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Good example of staying calm in a bad situation. Probably practiced drawing from concealed as that was pretty smooth too.

*Side note: another reason why I carry with one in the chamber*

This was either already posted or I just saw this on YouTube.

I thought possibly he is in LE because of the way he laid the seconds guy out and then stepped on his back.

I'd like to handle the situation almost or as well but I don't think I would be in a place after having just shot both of them to keep calm enough to hold one down with my boot(more like boot to the head possibly if he struggled).

The only criticism is this:

Did you all notice how long he ignored the baddy on the floor after he shot him? It seems that this could have easily turned into a good guy getting shot in the back by a threat "assumed" to be down.

Good thing: Support hand on the perp, so would NOT have been able to rack the slide to load a round. Carrying hot is the ONLY way to go!

I don't think I would have dropped one of the bad guys pistols on the floor that I had just picked up and then put one of them on the ground right next to it.
But I have the luxury of playing armchair good guy in the comfort of my home.

First guy was plugged a few times and obviously out of the fight when he went to the ground.

I can only assume someone who handled the situation the way he did was staying aware of the first guy he hit.

He did a great job. I think the placement of the confiscated firearm was accidental. Or rather the criminal placement was accidental. I believe the Citizen intended to prone him out parallel to the counter.
Criminal was freaked out by his buddy going down. He was all ears at that point. When criminal heard Citizen say, "on the floor now!"
He just went, "ok."
I'm guessing the Citizen just went with it.

Seriously though, what a good job!

He knew exactly what was going on with the first guy.
He needs to go to the Micdees in WA DC and show WTF is up when you play with the WRONG guy.....who actually has his SA on
:D

This is why bad guys don't like CC and prefer unarmed victims.

Two things I noticed right away as an AAR/Lessons Learned

1) Close contact shots: If the bad guy is arms length from you, they cannot avoid your muzzle, so shoot them to the floor. You have to shoot fast because otherwise, your gun can get taken. My move would have been a 5 (ish) round hammer drill moving from his chest to his face.

2) If you choose to engage and shoot the bad guy across the room, you don't need to prone him out. Your shooting him to the floor should suffice for getting him there. I would not approach him.

Then reload, look for more bad guys (even bungholes like those dudes have friends), check yourself for injuries and cover those two projectile backstops from a safe distance until the cops get there. If you call 911, remember to tell them what you are wearing and what you look like.

Bad guys and Good Cigars--- Smoke 'em if you got 'em....

It could have been a plastic toy gun that he took off of the second guy, and that's why he wasn't concerned about dropping it on the floor.

The person who posted the YouTube video thinks this happened in Brazil. It's a house of horrors in many areas down there. If you look at some of their cities using Google Street View, you can see that their houses all have steel bars on the windows and some have fences with razor wire and even what looks like electric fences.

From a purely legal standpoint, I don't see the need to shoot the first guy five times. He went down after the first shot, so at that point the threat was eliminated. Shooting him any more than that would be just bloodthirsty, and likely to earn you some time behind bars.

This looks like it might be the original video (cute sound effects too). It comes from a YouTube channel entitled (in Portuguese) "Police Officer Support," and the title of the video is "PM encompass THEFT AND THIEF LEADS TO WORSE." The description says "robbery attempt in cafeteria Subway Poa, customer was a policeman, and intervened in the situation by targeting the two thieves. One of them was arrested and the other died. Police uneventfully."

We all hope that we would be the hero in a SHTF situation, but until the S hits our own F, we don't really know how we would react. That's why I love watching a show called Scare Tactics. They put someone into a situation that would scare the pants off of a normal person, and see how they react. Almost everyone, men and women alike, scream like little girls and try to run away. But every so often you see someone like this guy who won't back down, and just naturally turns into a hero. Those are the best episodes of all.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top