JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My favorite dog ever was a pound dog. Shepherd/Collie/Husky/Whatever. Great dog. Full of love and energy and protective when needed.
Same here. Lupé is the perfect example of a friend that I took for granted until I was an adult. That dog loved me more than I can describe, and while I knew it as a kid, it didn't really resonate until recently, when I saw a kid of about ten being an asshat to his dog, and I wanted to tell him that that dog probably looks at him like he is their whole world, and one day he's going to look back at life and realize how crappy he was being to something that loves him unconditionally.

Same here. Lupé is the perfect example of a friend that I took for granted until I was an adult. That dog loved me more than I can describe, and while I knew it as a kid, it didn't really resonate until recently, when I saw a kid of about ten being an asshat to his dog, and I wanted to tell him that that dog probably looks at him like he is their whole world, and one day he's going to look back at life and realize how crappy he was being to something that loves him unconditionally.
Cats and dogs will love you unconditionally. The cats won't always tell you though. :)

Weeeeeellllllll! We ended up getting the Pyrenees. She's about 11 weeks old. Poor little girl was pretty scared on the ride home and threw up once. She laid down in the house and sort of took it all in for a couple hours. But then my two youngest boys started wrestling and her little tail started flapping around and then she jumped in. It was the sweetest thing. And my wife who swears she's not a pet person all day long and twice on Sunday is absolutely smitten with the pup. Talking to my wife's cousins who we got the dog from they have five of these dogs right now and they are 100% outside dogs. we have a company giving me pricing on a couple sections of chain link fence so she has a full yard to run around in if we have to go to town or church or what have you. And I'm getting a small storage shed that she can have to get out of the elements. They're having another litter in may and new pups will be ready to pick up in July. I think we'll get a playmate for her then. I'm super happy. She's the cutest thing ever

81843482-495C-4165-B7DB-E793847E680C.jpeg

Morning, a few ramblings.

Sometimes coyotes travel with friends. I see a lot of solo coyotes here, sometimes pairs, and one time there were four. Keep an eye on your dog until they are older and wiser, especially a puppy.

You might consider a female since the gender may be more prone to protect by staying close to your family.

We've enjoyed both Labs and English Springer Spaniels. We have some land and as mentioned have wildlife around, and both breeds were/are part of our 'pack'.

Check your Home Owners insurance for possible 'challenges' with some breeds such as German Shepards or Pitbulls. If the insurer perceives or has declared specific breeds as a higher risk then at least be aware.

Morning, a few ramblings.

Sometimes coyotes travel with friends. I see a lot of solo coyotes here, sometimes pairs, and one time there were four. Keep an eye on your dog until they are older and wiser, especially a puppy.

You might consider a female since the gender may be more prone to protect by staying close to your family.

We've enjoyed both Labs and English Springer Spaniels. We have some land and as mentioned have wildlife around, and both breeds were/are part of our 'pack'.

Check your Home Owners insurance for possible 'challenges' with some breeds such as German Shepards or Pitbulls. If the insurer perceives or has declared specific breeds as a higher risk then at least be aware.

Good points. Didn't even consider the insurance aspect. Our Pyrenees is a girl and we are definitely waiting till she's much more grown to put her by herself.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top