JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I have an opportunity to buy the following...

STAG Arms

Upper - $485 (retail $525)
5.56 Nato Chamber
Forged and Mil Spec.
Sights: MI Rear Flip/Front Post
16" Chrome Lined 1/9 Twist
View it here: <broken link removed>

Lower - $270 (retail $290)
Tactical Lower Half
6-position stock
View it here: <broken link removed>

Six to eight weeks for delivery.
TOTAL cost including shipping and FFL transfer fees: ~$800

I intend for this to be a general purpose rifle, not a sniper's wet dream. This will be my first scary black rifle, but it may be my only black rifle for quite a while so reliability and durability are paramount (damn thing needs to go BANG when I pull the trigger). I know that STAG has a good reputation but, seeing as how this will be my first rifle since becoming a civilian in 1991, I'd like some input from the braintrust here.

I know there are always deals to be found if you wait long enough and look hard enough, but I don't have the time or building/shopping expertise to do that. So, is this a good deal or a backside slammer?

Thanks for your input! :s0155:

The only way that you could go cheaper ATM is to buy a lower and get a del-ton completion kit.

Understood. I know there are folks who can put together something nice for a small price because they know what to look for and where to find it cheap. I'm willing to pay a reasonable sum for the convenience of avoiding that, as long as it's reasonable and not a full-blown financial raping.

Yeah that price is still below any quality complete AR, plus all you have to do is put the two pieces together and insert two pins. The benefit to the del-ton kit is that it comes with everything but the stripped lower, but requires far more assembly. Its just a trade off to whichever works best for you.

But either way I'd jump on whatever you find to your liking, since people are buying AR stuff up like crazy. And let us all know how it works out. Good luck!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top