JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm not familiar with this particular brand and don't know if it is a good deal or not but 20% off seems like a decent discount to me, so I thought I would post it up in case anyone is interested... Don't know if they carry it in the local stores, but it is free shipping either way.

$799.99 after $200 OFF
Shelf Reliance THRIVE™
1-year Supply
Dehydrated & Freeze-Dried Food
1-year Food Supply For 1 Person
5,011 Total Servings
84 #10 Cans
Item # 443250
$799.99
Shipping & Handling included *

Costco - $799.99 after $200 OFF Shelf Reliance THRIVE? 1-year Supply Dehydrated & Freeze-Dried Food

Not sure on other people but my son is allregic to peanuts so I have to really look at what I get. All the mountain house products contain no allergins. Most every other product I have found contains something or is made on shared equipment with peanuts. It is a pain to deal with but in SHTF situation I wont have time to read all the ingredients:D

you know when this will be happening?

I've watched Costco.com long enough to know how frequently certain items go on sale. It's usually too early for Christmas shopping (late Sept-early Oct) or after Christmas when everyone is financially tapped out (the end of February). This particular sale ends Oct. 10th.

sale is on right now, I ended up ordering 2 of the 18 can packs, I plan on adding a couple of 5 gallon buckets of Beans, Rice, Pasta to the mix. Should be able to make the packs last longer. I already have a full pantry and close to 6 months of food for 2 people based on caloric count saved up in my pantry. $560 is quite a bit of money but when I was comparing that to buying another AR upper I figured I would rather have the food. Can only eat a bullet once... And I need to eat everyday... never been in a gun battle...

The Mountain House is a really good deal - thanks for posting. It's easy to spend $200 on just one case of their food.

ETA: One of the reviews says this package has 50k calories. So @ 2400 per day, that'd last one person for roughly 20 days. Just something to consider. I think this is fine; just best to know what you're getting.

Main problem is that you are storing food you wont rotate through. Unless you are eating what you store and storing what you eat you are basically making a big one time investement in food thats going to sit there just in case. Better idea is stocking up on things that you already eat and buying a rotation system like those shelf reliance sale, or just building a double sided shelf in your garage that you can stock from one side and pull form the other. IMHO every time I've seen someone buy a stockpile of food (Y2K anybody) It sat their and went to waste.

ETA: One of the reviews says this package has 50k calories. So @ 2400 per day, that'd last one person for roughly 20 days. Just something to consider. I think this is fine; just best to know what you're getting.

There is a similar issue with the 1 year Thrive product in the OP. When you work out the calories it's only 1220 calories per day for a whole year, so if you are expecting to need 2000 or 2400 per day, you'll need to adjust accordingly.

Got my stuff the other day; here's some pictures.

Here's one of the boxes of 18 cans; the other one is in the background.
cs1.JPG

cs2.JPG

cs3.JPG

Some other good deals I found at Big Lots; $1.50 Corned beef good until after 6/2014 & $0.75 Sardines In Oil, good until after 11/2015.

cs4.JPG

This is my latest 2 crates I have filled (only one is pictured, but the other is identical), My house pantry & storage is full now so I'm expanding to my garage into easy to load crates. I've counted all Calories, Fat etc. and keep a book inside the house listing the contents. Also have a list on the outside of the container and these are part of my rotation.

cs5.JPG
And just a side note from comment on buying what you eat/store. Got 6 months food/water in the house. Have another 6 months at secondary location and now have 4 months in my garage that we can load very quickly if we have to. With additional long term Mountain House foods I have 4+ months in addition. This gives us (2 people) enough food for at least 20 months +/-.... or 4 people 10 Months @ 1800 calories per day. Plus I got a few chickens that I'm not counting...

dg2.JPG

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top