JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Good day to all. My introduction is a little late since joining but here it is. I was raised in a
GUN OWNING family and taught to respect my elders, honor my family and the flag. My education at that time reinforced those values as well as the working knowledge of guns. We were taught how to use and handle them properly and what would happen if we didn't. At the age of eight I was given my first shotgun to learn with. A J.C. Higgins pump action 20 gauge, and yes I still own it. Sure, it isn't anything special but it sure is to me. At the age of 15 we moved to a home that had been in our family since the 1930's. Down the road just a short walk was Steve's Sport Shop. A place I frequented often where stories were told around an honest to goodness "Cracker Barrel" placed close to the stove. I spent 20 years in the retail world and experienced all the good and bad situations you can think of dealing with the general public in a sporting goods store. I always told people it would be an excellent job if it wasn't for the customers.

On the mail floor of the store was the gun, fishing, athletic and shoe department. The shoe department was directly across the store and overlooked the wall of long guns. One day I noticed a woman I will call "Karen" constantly starring over at the guns as she tried on some shoes. When she decided on a pair she threw her shoulders back and made a beeline over to me. She slammed the shoes down on the counter, looked at me and said; "how can you sell these guns"? I replied; usually one at a time but sometimes two or more on a good day. Karen face turned all red as she said; that's not what I mean. I said I know that is not what you meant, but allow me to ask you a question. I opened her shoe box and laid one of the shoes on the counter. Then opened the glass case and pulled out a Smith & Wesson model 36. I showed her the gun was empty and laid it next to the shoe. Look at them both I said, neither one will do anything until it is needed. Your shoes will stay in the box until you need them to wear. The gun can be in the same box if you want until you might need it. I will never need a gun as she started to get very angry. Well, that might be the case but one more question. If someone broke into your home to hurt, rape or do harm to you and you ran to your closet to hide. All the time fearing for your family or yourself and sitting in your closet hiding and terrified of what might happen. Then looking down at your shoe box you opened it, what would you want to find? Those shoes our this Smith & Wesson? She stood there for a few seconds then picked up her shoes and left the store. The next week after my days off I walked into the store and the owner called me into his office. He asked me if I remembered "Karen" and our conversation. I thought to myself; here we go! Then he smiled at me and told me she had come back and asked for me on my day off and had bought the Smith & Wesson.

Welcome Aboard. Glad you found the forum.

That's how you do an introduction!

This is the best place to hang out on the internet.

Once we're able to start using the public lands again, check out the organized clean ups. It's the best way to meet the community and learn where and how to use public lands responsibly.

[Edit- We are doing non ODFW supported cleanups at public forests] - check the North Fork Wolf Creek Road thread in resources.

Until then check out Trash No Land.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads