JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I only have one addiction and if the SHTF I'll be going through some serious withdrawals.

I just spoke to this guy ( <broken link removed> ) who has 5 lb bags of coffee for sale. I bought a couple of bags and now have enough coffee on hand for a few months. I don't roast my own so this seems like a good buy. Are any of you aware of a better deal on good roast coffee for next time?

Follow up: I have roasted my own and it was a giant mess. I bought green beans from a CL ad and tried them in the oven. Big mistake! I set off every smoke detector in the house. The second time I used a cast iron fry pan over the bbq. I had a lot of trouble guessing when they were done and ended up wasting a bunch of coffee. I'll stick to buying roast beans and having good coffee in the mornings for now.

Ugh....you guys come on!

Roasting coffee is an art form. Just forget it. Go to a coffee roaster or a shop that does its own roasting. You can buy roasted coffee in bulk. I can't live without coffee.....

It's the caffeine you can't live without.
Vacuum pack a couple large boxes worth of Lipton tea bags and you'll get the buzz without all of the hassle.

If you plan to store roasted coffee beans for SHTF, you need to keep it in the freezer or it will go rancid after a period of time. How Long? I don't know, but it will eventually go rancid.
Green coffee beans are preferred for long term storage because you don't need to store them in the freezer, but you do need to learn how to roast coffee beans if you want to use the green beans to make coffee.

I've had the fine grind dark roasted Supremo bean Kirkland brand from Costco in the large cans last perfectly for many years (stored in the basement).. never had one go bad. It's actually very good coffee.. ready to go. I drink a lot of coffee.

If you plan to store roasted coffee beans for SHTF, you need to keep it in the freezer or it will go rancid after a period of time. How Long? I don't know, but it will eventually go rancid.
Green coffee beans are preferred for long term storage because you don't need to store them in the freezer, but you do need to learn how to roast coffee beans if you want to use the green beans to make coffee.

Its actually better to just divide up the larger backs and vacu-loc them into smaller ones. Putting roasted beans into the freezer dries it out and takes all the flavor out.

Talk to a coffee roaster and ask for green beans, they store far longer. you can roast them in a cast iron frying pan. Be aware the smell will travel a long ways, tho. We also stock up short term at costco with their mylar packs

Just go to Amazon and search for books on coffee roasting. I have several

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_s... books&sprefix=coffee+roasting,stripbooks,375

I'm actually raising coffee plants right now and will have an entire row of them in the hothouse of our new home. Horticulture is an art as well!

Oh, and also vanilla bean plants to brew with them!

Ugh....you guys come on!

Roasting coffee is an art form. Just forget it. Go to a coffee roaster or a shop that does its own roasting. You can buy roasted coffee in bulk. I can't live without coffee.....

Then vacuum package it in a Food Saver, or similar, bag to keep air and moisture out. It will last three times as long! or come SHTF, you can trade ammo or guns to me for it! ;)

I roast and have a small drum roaster.... 1lb at a time!

I drink this every morning... Straight espresso into my coffee cup.

Supreme by Bustelo Espresso
https://www.javacabana.com/Catalog.cfm?c=1&sc=2
Supreme by Bustelo Espresso
A finer grind and a lighter roast makes this blend ideal for your espresso machine at home or the office. If you have a coffee grinder, you will want to try Supreme by Bustelo beans in our 1 lb. bag. Supreme by Bustelo is also sold in a 10 oz. brick or can.

The 10oz bricks are vacuum packed:s0155:

At the risk of speaking heresy, has anyone considered #10 cans of columbian coffee from AlpineAire's Gourmet Reserve?

Basically, instant coffee, but it lasts for 10+ years in the can. Desperate (SHTF) times may call for desperate measures. This wouldn't be my first choice, but it may be good enough if needed. Plus, you won't have to fool around with coffee roasting while the zombie marauders roam your neighborhood. "Hi there - I see you're here to steal my generator. Can I get you a warm cup of coffee before you leave? Fresh roasted...."

(my normal drink is Ethiopian Sidamo made in a french press)

I attached a coffee maker on my AR-15 so I can brew and shoot at the same time. It uses the heat from the barrel to brew. Decided to add a few other things. :nuts:

funny ar15.jpg

funny ar15.jpg

Yeah, I jump on that Bi-Mart deal often. The cans are vacuum packed and last a looongggg time... I have been opening cans bought in 2009 and they are just fine and dandy. I think coffee will be another great barter item.
Bimart has coffee for 5.99 about every two months, for me a can lasts just over a month I have only three months supply and have some freeze dried, and a campfire peculator.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top