JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've been super happy with my custom IWB from @ORYGUNHolsterCompany.

Ryan is very talented and built me a very high quality holster with a kydex outside that has a positive grab to it with a leather backing that makes carrying a 2.5lb 1911 super comfortable with extras to make it adjustable for different angles for different clothes.

Seriously, there is nothing like getting a holster made just for you and your gun... not all that much either cash wise.

View attachment 322001

Joe is the cant adjustable via the belt loops, that looks like a really nice holster?
Gabby

Etrain,

Here's my favorite iwb holster. The only drawback for me was that he didn't have a kydex shell for my XDM with a Crimson Trace laser (this was awhile ago, so he might have more shells now). I got a shell for my pistol from Alien Gear and put it onto this belt.

Its extremely comfortable, and I don't have to take it off if I change pants or sit on the toilet. There are no clips - nothing shows.

Here's my rig:

IMG_5273.JPG

And here's a link to a demonstration of the product on YouTube:

Etrain,

Here's my favorite iwb holster. The only drawback for me was that he didn't have a kydex shell for my XDM with a Crimson Trace laser (this was awhile ago, so he might have more shells now). I got a shell for my pistol from Alien Gear and put it onto this belt.

Its extremely comfortable, and I don't have to take it off if I change pants or sit on the toilet. There are no clips - nothing shows.

Here's my rig:

View attachment 324634

Interesting idea - I may be able to use something like that when I wear dress clothes occasionally for work. I have a tuckable holster, but honestly, it doesn't look right and, when secured to my slacks, can drop them to the ground really fast if I accidentally let go of them - something I don't have an issue with when wearing jeans.

Etrain,

Here's my rig:

View attachment 324634

Interesting...

heres a few pics, again heavily used for over 3 years...
View attachment 322019

yes, I did trim a bit since I forgot to order the "combat cut" (for a full grip).
View attachment 322020
View attachment 322021

the top of the leather is starting to take a set protruding and thats an indicator I should get a new one cause it could interfere with re-holstering one handed. Retention is still good and Crossbreed recommends you can adjust it with a heat gun if you feel adventurous enough. I felt the stock retention was a bit light on this one so I did adjust it and it came out fine.

Anyways, the pics should show how flexible the leather is the middle pic is set to myself without flexing it.

Is this Crossbreed holster the 'super tuck' model? Great photos, thanks for going the extra mile; I am in the market for an iwb holster.

Really like my SHTFGEAR which is now Black Arch for my G19. I had an AG for an XDS but didn't love it.

So SHTF has become Black Arch. SHFT's are the only ITW's that I buy any more! I don't know how long they last, my oldest is over three years old and worn everyday! If I have my pants on, my holster is too. Carrying my Sig P-290RS 9mm, it's always comfortable, stays right where I put it (3:00) and is dead easy to reholster into! I be a fanboy! :D

BTW, in hot weather I often carry it against bare skin, it's comfortable enough for that.

Last Edited:
So SHTF has become Black Arch. SHFT's are the only ITW's that I buy any more! I don't know how long they last, my oldest is over three years old and worn everyday! If I have my pants on, my holster is too. Carrying my Sig P-290RS 9mm, it's always comfortable, stays right where I put it (3:00) and is dead easy to reholster into! I be a fanboy! :D

BTW, in hot weather I often carry it against bare skin, it's comfortable enough for that.
Yep agreed it is the easiest IWB for re-holstering. That small flare at the top makes all the difference.

I did just order a Cross Breed ankle holster for my Kahr CW-380, my LCP II might fit in it also. Hard to find much for the LCP II right now. I have never worn a ankle holster before but it's worth a shot! Cross breed has a sale right now.

I've been carrying since 2004 so trust me when I tell you... I've had a few holsters lol.

I carry a 92G compact and it's got some weight to it. I use a NO PRINT WONDER holster by Clinger holsters and it's very nice. I carry it IWB at about the 4 O'Clock position. It distributes the weight nice, the OEM metal clips work good (I am not a clip fan, I use ULTICLIP but the metal clips that came with my holster work good). The pistol grip gets sucked into my body and this holster is very good for a full size pistol.
"No-Print Wonder" Holster - Clinger Holsters

I have an ATOM holster for my G19/23 and I installed an ULTICLIP to the ATOM, it works very nicely. it's a solid setup and I can make it cant to how I want.

And in conclusion, I like Clinger holsters because they work and the logo is a crab and my astrological sing is a crab (I'm a cancer) lol. 15578640_1120989468014047_7367516958929333477_n.jpg

Last Edited:
For concealed carry, I've had a CrossBreed Super Tuck and StealthGearUSA's Ventcore (used to be called Onyx) holsters. Both are hybrid type holsters, meaning leather or synthetic backing plus kydex shell holding the gun. Both are inside waist band holsters designed to be worn around 3-4 o'clock position (behind right hip). The CrossBreed was $85; base cost is $70 but I ordered a horsehide backing for $15 extra. The StealthGear runs $99.

I think they are both great holsters. In my opinion the StealthGear is better if you can get past the price, and StealthGear has a new model (SG Revolution) that runs $60 instead of $100, but I can't speak from experience with it.

I ordered the CrossBreed first and was pleased with it. I am 5'8", 160 lbs, fit, and like to wear clothes that fit pretty tight, so I was concerned that a Glock 19 would not conceal on me, but wanted to at least try before buying a new gun. I was amazed at how well my G19 concealed with the Super Tuck. in jeans and a t shirt it would still print if I was bending over, or twisting my torso a certain way, but I don't think people who are not carriers or police officers would be likely to notice. If I wear a hoodie I'm golden. A thing I did not like was that the CrossBreed would creak as I moved. I kept thinking this would stop as I wore it in, but it never did. Some people report success using oils or leather conditioners to stop this creaking, but those methods did not work for me. The CrossBreed was comfortable enough to wear all day for me. You definitely never forget you're wearing a gun, but the discomfort was not enough to keep me from strapping up.

At some point I became curious about what other holster options were out there, and came across the StealthGear. The reviews I read were glowing, which they'd need to be for a $100 holster. They had a sale for fathers day (I think) and I decided to splurge on it. When it arrived I thought it was a dramatic improvement over the CrossBreed. The biggest thing for me was the gun feels more concealed with the StealthGear. I'm not 100% sure why, but some combination of the way the backing is set up, the thickness of the entire holster, and the angles of the mount of the kydex shell on the backing caused the pistol to feel more firmly tucked into my side, making it print a little less on my shirt. I was careful to test them both with the same clothes, back to back, and using the same hole on my belt. The StealthGear holster does not creak at all. I'd also say it is more comfortable than the CrossBreed, especially in heat.

Hope this helps. Buying a holster is complicated and there is a good chance you will end up going through more than one model before you find what works best for you. You can analyze it carefully ahead of time, and that helps, but ultimately time with gun strapped to you will teach you things you could not have known ahead of time. Happy hunting!

IMG_0123.JPG IMG_0105.JPG For a g43 I have a comp-tac cavalry for iwb and a Mika pocket holster for pocket carry. I also have a comp-tac matac for the bigger guns that I have had for years and have been very happy with.

I have three Crossbreed Supertuck holsters for each of the three guns I might carry. When the Kydex mold on one of them cracked they sent me a brand new holster, so they stand behind their product.

Like another poster on this thread, I trimmed mine a bit to be more custom which is really easy to do and is something I would likely do to any holster I'd purchase.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top