JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The thing I found over the years is when you are sizing the bullet to .430 or above is it starts to balloon out certain cases (the area where the bullet is seated will have a noticeable bulge), which can cause some problems with off-center seating in older cases, looks like crap and can also cause feeding problems in lever-action guns.

As to some of the other comments other people have posted. If you want to get into casting, the lee molds are a great place to start (they are really cheap) however you still need to size the bullets, and if you're using the alox lube you are likely to have leading problems. If you are going to take the practice of casting your own seriously, upgrading to a set of lyman, saeco, magma, or other steel mold is a must, the aluminum molds don't hold up too well, and are pretty much spent after a thousand rounds or so.

I started with lee molds... the one mold from them I love is their 1oz shotgun slug mold. I load tons of those.

You do not need in any way to size Lee Tumble Lube design bullets. They are basically the old War of Northern Agression Minie bullet design

The 6 cavity Lee molds are very sturdy.. like I said I just did 2200 bullets and that mold is just as good as new

The best premium mold is NEI.. spendy.. I have a two cavity .510 for my Murdoch BP Scottish pistols

I use bullets from Rim Rock Bullets almost exclusively. About $20 less per 500 in .44 than laser cast/Oregon trail and my Blackhawks shoot right at an inch at 25yard with them. I haven't found a load quite that good with my S&W yet but I really like them. I go through about 3000 of them a year at cowboy and other matches. Pretty quick shipping too.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top