JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yep, good article worth the read, however, I don't agree with the following statement that the author made at the end of the article:
"I realize there may be actual tactical reasons to the contrary, but I recommend you do not carry your firearm with a round in the chamber. I have represented countless good people on accidental discharge cases. A purely accidental discharge in the city limits is generally a felony offense that carries mandatory prison. You should consider sacrificing whatever tactical advantage exists for not having to chamber a round in exchange for the much lower likelihood of an accidental discharge."
The author should have left the above paragraph out of the article, but I will at least give the guy credit for admitting "I am anti-idiot with guns." prior to making the statement.
I do believe that firearm training and familiarity greatly reduce the possibility of accidental discharge, and the author's main point was relating his concerns about reducing the possibility of accidental discharge. I won't ridicule gun owners who aren't comfortable with carrying a loaded round in the chamber, it is a personal choice.

...""I refuse to consent to any search whatsoever. As such, I do not consent to a search of my premises, my person, my immediate location or any vehicle or effects. I hereby exercise my rights as enumerated by the Fourth, Fifth, Sixth, Ninth and Fourteenth Amendments to the United States Constitution and Article Two of the Arizona Constitution. I demand to have my attorney present prior to and throughout any questioning at all. Additionally, I request to call my attorney right now for a private legal consultation.""...

Generally a good article, although too long. The point to take from this is that there are two "bad guys", the criminal you ran into, and the criminal justice system. Both can cause you substantial harm.

Again,no such thing as accidental discharge
Negligent is the word he is looking for
BUT.... California has laws that make everything you do to defend yourself with a gun "premeditated".
Having to charge your gun would make that second move to "premeditated".
Examples of cally are the mag buttons on ARs,storing your gun and ammo separate in your car so you have to make 3? 4? moves to have your weapon shootable.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top