JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have been quite enamored with my TNW's too. They are now offering "match" and "2 stage" triggers for them now. It's on my list to try since I saw they were offering these. I did not mind the trigger on my TNW's until I bought the Ruger. That has such a nice damn trigger. Still the TNW's not really bad and I do love the way they are so easy to convert. My 10mm set up has become my go to house gun now. The advantages are threaded barrel is simple, either have it done or just buy it done from them. Not to mention the conversions. I have the parts to run .45 through my 10mm and I bought all the parts to just drop them in so I can even do it at the range. I have pretty much decided that if the 9mm one I have for sale does not sell soon I am just going to buy another lower housing for 45/10mm and set it up as full time .45. They (TNW) even offer the hand gun version of these with a brace now. If the new triggers they offer are good it will go a long ways. The Just Right look as far as I can tell to be a direct knock off of them. Don't know if some disgruntled employee at TNW decided to branch out or if someone just copied a great idea.

I vote CMMG Guard. Not quite under 1k though.

A72D53E3-BE14-48B7-BE43-F48EE1642312.jpeg

I have been quite enamored with my TNW's too. They are now offering "match" and "2 stage" triggers for them now. It's on my list to try since I saw they were offering these. I did not mind the trigger on my TNW's until I bought the Ruger. That has such a nice damn trigger. Still the TNW's not really bad and I do love the way they are so easy to convert. My 10mm set up has become my go to house gun now. The advantages are threaded barrel is simple, either have it done or just buy it done from them. Not to mention the conversions. I have the parts to run .45 through my 10mm and I bought all the parts to just drop them in so I can even do it at the range. I have pretty much decided that if the 9mm one I have for sale does not sell soon I am just going to buy another lower housing for 45/10mm and set it up as full time .45. They (TNW) even offer the hand gun version of these with a brace now. If the new triggers they offer are good it will go a long ways. The Just Right look as far as I can tell to be a direct knock off of them. Don't know if some disgruntled employee at TNW decided to branch out or if someone just copied a great idea.

Just right and TNW are not connected at all. I'd say quality wise the just right wins. They are heavy though.

And the "match grade trigger" they sell is essentially just the exact same trigger in the ASR with either material removed to shorten the sear or a step put into the sear to make it feel like there are two stages. All done by dremel.

Just right and TNW are not connected at all. I'd say quality wise the just right wins. They are heavy though.

And the "match grade trigger" they sell is essentially just the exact same trigger in the ASR with either material removed to shorten the sear or a step put into the sear to make it feel like there are two stages. All done by dremel.

I have only seen the Just Right on the web. Are they clones or just something done close to the same line? What is it adding weight to them? More beef in the receivers or such? Was the trigger the same set up and did it feel better on the one you got to handle? The Match trigger you tried how did it feel? Was it enough to be worth buying? Idea sounded good when I found they were making them. Seeing how simple the set up is guess it could not hurt to get an extra and work on it myself too.

I have only seen the Just Right on the web. Are they clones or just something done close to the same line? What is it adding weight to them? More beef in the receivers or such? Was the trigger the same set up and did it feel better on the one you got to handle? The Match trigger you tried how did it feel? Was it enough to be worth buying? Idea sounded good when I found they were making them. Seeing how simple the set up is guess it could not hurt to get an extra and work on it myself too.
The Just Right Carbine are more of a traditional AR platform, their receivers are very thick, the one I played with had their older rail on it which was also thick and heavy. The barrel was pretty thick too. As far as the operating system goes, they are similar to the ASR as they have a very simple blowback bolt and reciprocating charging handle.

I made the match triggers while there, not much match to them, just marketing. Basically just polished the trigger parts to lighten the pull weight. The "2 stage" triggers were made by adding a step in the sear portion of the trigger, so it felt like there were two portions to pull. I noticed a decent reduction in pull weight and feel when I polished them. TNW did not own a trigger pull weight scale when I was working there so I could not tell you the weight they were at.

The Just Right Carbine are more of a traditional AR platform, their receivers are very thick, the one I played with had their older rail on it which was also thick and heavy. The barrel was pretty thick too. As far as the operating system goes, they are similar to the ASR as they have a very simple blowback bolt and reciprocating charging handle.

I made the match triggers while there, not much match to them, just marketing. Basically just polished the trigger parts to lighten the pull weight. The "2 stage" triggers were made by adding a step in the sear portion of the trigger, so it felt like there were two portions to pull. I noticed a decent reduction in pull weight and feel when I polished them. TNW did not own a trigger pull weight scale when I was working there so I could not tell you the weight they were at.

Thanks it will probably be on my buy list then, to go ahead and get at least one more trigger to play with. The Ruger really has me spoiled, trigger is so damn nice.

I really like the concept of the TNW - the ability to swap different calibers is a great feature. The trigger was really quite bad though and with no ability to use any other parts, other than TNW, it was a major turn off, so I sold mine. If they improved the trigger, considerably and made a better trigger standard, I could possibly see trying them again.

If the price were right when I was ready to buy, that would certainly be one I'd consider. That, and if Ruger brings out the new PCC in .45acp - I'd be all over that one.

Me too. Just came back from another range trip with mine to try another Dot sight with a quick detach. The new mount and sight worked great, the rifle just keeps impressing me. If they come out in .45 and or 10mm I will be again willing to pay a premium to lay hands on one. BTW they are already coming down in price too. I am starting to see them for $500 and even slightly less now. Managed to get an AR brass catcher adapted to mine so don't have to chase the brass all over now too !!!

I really like the concept of the TNW - the ability to swap different calibers is a great feature. The trigger was really quite bad though and with no ability to use any other parts, other than TNW, it was a major turn off, so I sold mine. If they improved the trigger, considerably and made a better trigger standard, I could possibly see trying them again.

When I get around to trying one of the "match" triggers they sell I will let others know how it feels compared to the "normal". After I have an extra to play with can try to do some smoothing work on it myself too, see how good I can get it.

There are a handful of factory built 45s out there. Someone posted up a thread on an all plastic carbine a while back that took Glock mags for roughly 500. I'll have to see if I can find that thread for you.

It sounds like you may have sort of an idea going forward.

With all of the niche market guns out of the way, and not a whole lot of potential in the price range, you may be better off buying components and assembling your own.

There are a handful of factory built 45s out there. Someone posted up a thread on an all plastic carbine a while back that took Glock mags for roughly 500. I'll have to see if I can find that thread for you.

I hadn't hit refresh in a bit, looks like @Sandaholic took care of the above mentioned firearm.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top