JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
By this time next year, I plan to have a Silencerco Hybrid in hand. One of the guns I'd like to suppress is a .45 acp carbine. Problem is, I seem to be having trouble finding anything that really fits the bill, at least nothing under $1K that's decent quality. Looking for something semi-auto, double stack that uses Glock magazines. Bonus if it has a barrel that's already threaded for a suppressor.

Some of what I've found so far:

• Hi Point .45 acp carbine - I've owned a Hi Point carbine before - they're decent, for the money, but they're single stack, not easy to take down, and, of course, it's a Hi Point, so there's that
  • TNW Aero. I owned a TNW, and I like the concept, they use Glock magazines, have the option for caliber conversions, but the trigger/action was pretty crappy and there was not option for aftermarket triggers, etc. Also very limited options for accessories, etc.
  • JR (Just Right) Carbines - not sure about these folks, I haven't heard much about them and not sure about how much support they have.
  • PSA has their AR45 - but everything appears to be out of stock. This is a possibility, and I do have a PSA AR9 and I do like it, so maybe this is an option
I do have a MechTech upper in .45acp that uses my Para P14.45 - the barrel isn't threaded, but I could have it done. I do like the carbine, but it's heavy and I wouldn't mind something a bit lighter.

Items like the Thompson, Kriss Vector, etc. are just going to be out of my price range.

If Ruger takes their new PCC line beyond 9mm and to .45 acp, I'd probably jump on that in a heartbeat.

Just curious if any of you have any other suggestions?

PSA AR45. They will have them back in stock long before your stamp comes through. And TBH it was all I could do to not edit your OP and remove the Hi-Point carbine. I mean really, you're gonna thread a thousand dollar suppressor (good choice BTW) onto a $300 "gun"? :rolleyes::D

PSA AR45. They will have them back in stock long before your stamp comes through. And TBH it was all I could do to not edit your OP and remove the Hi-Point carbine. I mean really, you're gonna thread a thousand dollar suppressor (good choice BTW) onto a $300 "gun"? :rolleyes::D

I didn't say I was gonna get one, just listing out what's on the market....

Geez, buy a Hi Point once and they never let you forget ;)

And I do like the PSA AR9 - but haven't had a chance to hear from anyone that has any experience with the AR45. Certainly high on the list.

I didn't say I was gonna get one, just listing out what's on the market....

Geez, buy a Hi Point once and they never let you forget ;)

LOL, nah man it's all good. But honestly I just wouldn't buy that for a host for your suppressor.

Regarding the Hybrid - getting a chance to shoot it (thanks @v0lcom13sn0w ) really helped make up my mind. I love that one suppressor can cover so many options. I'd love dedicated pistol and rifle suppressors, but for the time being, I need to settle on one that can do both. Maybe a smaller pistol only suppressor down the line.

Regarding the Hybrid - getting a chance to shoot it (thanks @v0lcom13sn0w ) really helped make up my mind. I love that one suppressor can cover so many options. I'd love dedicated pistol and rifle suppressors, but for the time being, I need to settle on one that can do both. Maybe a smaller pistol only suppressor down the line.
youre welcome any time man!! the liberty cosmic x suppressor does a lot of what the hybrid does but not everything.

it is much easier to clean IIRC.

ive shot 10k rounds thru my can and only really soaked it and ran a brush then compressed air thru it. my borescope shows not a lot of leading.

youre welcome any time man!! the liberty cosmic x suppressor does a lot of what the hybrid does but not everything.

it is much easier to clean IIRC.

ive shot 10k rounds thru my can and only really soaked it and ran a brush then compressed air thru it. my borescope shows not a lot of leading.

Question for you - on the pistons for pistol use - how many of the pistons have you purchased? I see they have 5 different pistons, which can get a bit spendy - currently they have a deal to get all 5 pistons for the price of four - might be worth it if more than one piston is really needed. Just curious your thoughts on it.

My FFL can do the base Hybrid for $699 and I'm coming close to having that and the tax stamp set aside. The accessories will have to come a little later.

i have a 1/2x28(9mm) 9/16x24 (40s&w) and .578x28 (45acp)

i would check out lanbosarmory.com for silencerco accessories.

Good to know, I'll bookmark it! My FFL has been getting me prices on some accessories and he seems to be very competitive, but I'll take any savings I can get.

i probably would get a 30
cal end cap and be done. i have a 22 cal end cap and i never use it. 9mm goes right thru my 30 cal end cap (unless lanbos sent me the wrong end cap)

i use ebay or amazon 1/2x28 to 5/8x24 or 1/2x32 to 5/8x24 thread adapters ($14) and screw them into my 5/8x24 direct thread instead of spending $60 for a direct thread end cap.

i do want to go all ASR eventually but it will be a while before

Only $589.00 plus having the barrel threaded.

Iver Johnson 1911A1. I guarantee you'll be the only one sporting a suppressor on that bad boy.

7-gij01rifle_1.jpg

I think a PC10 would be cool. Doesn't the 10mm shoot up to .44mag levels or something like that ?

But you want to remain subsonic ? Makes sense. I do like the .45 acp.

Last Edited:
I'm intrigued by the whispers of the PSA AR45 as well. I saw they came out with complete rifles and pistols for a very short period but after that I haven't seen anything since. I would hold out for that if possible. Glock mag compatible and should be a decent product. I really like their CS as well. Haven't needed it much, but they just swapped out my standard 308 BCG for the Gen 2 6.5 CM version. They weren't supposed to, but since one guy said they would, they held to it. They said the "one guy" was since fired for doing such things but I was glad they stuck to it. I had it in hand by the end of the week.

I'm pretty happy with my TNW ASR 45. I bought it used and the trigger is okay for a PCC. What I am thinking of doing is getting a threaded 10" pistol barrel and weld a cage on the muzzle for an SB-X type barrel. Gives me the needed 16" to stay out of the pokey.
I've got an SB-X barrel on my SR10/22 and really like it.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top