JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
What are some good 1911's I can get for around $600-$700?
I'm looking to buy my first 1911 but I am not unfamiliar with them,I'm only looking for .45 or 10mm models.Not looking for budget 1911's,I'm also looking for used models or new models sold ftf as I don't like dealing with some of rude people in gunstores that try to push products on me and I don't want the government to know what I own as that is none of their business.

A prior member here was banned because he answered "Glock" as a joke to an identicle question several years ago.
No chance to plead his case, no recourse, no reason given.
Too bad because that guy went to several other sites and told his story to thousands of readers and never came back here.
One has to wonder if this is a similar situation, so I for one, will not answer this question.

A prior member here was banned because he answered "Glock" as a joke to an identicle question several years ago.
No chance to plead his case, no recourse, no reason given.
Too bad because that guy went to several other sites and told his story to thousands of readers and never came back here.
One has to wonder if this is a similar situation, so I for one, will not answer this question.

If I wanted a glock I would't make a post about 1911's now would I,I prefer a gun with a good trigger out the box and a glock does not fit that requirement.

+1 for Ruger SR1911.

Rem R1 Stainless, I think I saw one for trade here a few days ago.

Rem R1 Enhanced is nice too, but tops out of your range.

I'm not looking for anything fancy with fiberotic sights or rails,I just want one with white dot sights and a durable finish I will probably check out a ruger first.

Another vote for the Ruger. Solid pistol right out of the box. Only major complaint I have seen about them is the front sight breaking off.
I've heard good things about their customer service as well.
My CMD ran great out of the box, not stock anymore but still running strong.

I have the SR1911 and it is the best handgun I have ever had! It is dead on accurate, has had 0 malfunctions, is made in the USA with a lifetime warranty, it looks awesome and it only cost $650.

Another vote for the Ruger. Solid pistol right out of the box. Only major complaint I have seen about them is the front sight breaking off.
I've heard good things about their customer service as well.
My CMD ran great out of the box, not stock anymore but still running strong.

Is the commander the same price as the government model?

The CMD is a full size frame with a 4.25" barrel instead of 5". If you're buying used also look into Springfield Armory. The loaded model is probably the best bang for your buck. Try to find one with a NM prefix on the serial number rather than a WW prefix.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top