JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A rock and a hard place - Gonzaga University Student Publications: News

So, these two guys used a legally owned pistol to scare off a thug trying to intimidate them for money and the school is going to kick them out of school because its school owned property (off campus though). Insanity.

After talking to Valdez with a CAMPO officer present, the roommates said they had a few beers and went to bed. At approximately 2 a.m., two CAMPO officers and RD Justin Muzzi gained entry to the apartment after repeatedly knocking on the door, according to the CAMPO case report. They spotted Fagan's shotgun propped up against the front door and confiscated it. Walking up the stairs, they opened McIntosh's door and he fell out of bed. He indicated where his pistol was, and they attempted to remove it from its plastic holder.

They didn't even know how to get it out of the holster," Fagan said. "They were muzzle-flashing Dan as they were trying to get it out of the holster ... I was like, ‘F

They had no cause or right to enter or confiscate their guns. This was a civil matter at this point, not a Criminal matter and where do these campus cops get their authority to blow off the constitution. :mad:

With all the attention, I don't think GU will end up expelling them, but they have the right to. Their property, their rules. If you don't like it go somewhere else or rent from someone else. As far as campus security entering the off campus residence and confiscating two firearms, they are lucky they didn't get shot. I love that they reported the guns stolen to SPD. They screwed up big time there.

Gonzaga may re-evaluate weapons policy, says president

In a Saturday statement, Gonzaga President Thayne M. McCulloh revealed that this week's controversy over possible sanctions against two students who discouraged an intruder at gunpoint from their off-campus apartment has opened the door for "thoughtful evaluation" of the university's weapons policy, the Spokane Spokesman-Review reported.

<broken link removed>

Just so everyone knows, Gonzaga is located in Spokane......

This is the same place that saw the two thugs beat down the WW2 vet to death this year. What happened to that town?

I would imagine any competent lawyer would have a field day with this. Just exactly what law was being broken that would justify a raid (that's what it was) at 230am by Campus Police? Would you let your landlord confiscate your property for violating a rental agreement? If I was any one of those students I'd say bring it on!

Why am I not surprised that the OP incorrectly summarized the article in an inflammatory manner? Under current policy, the students could be expelled, but a reading of the article gives the impression that this will not happen. Then there is the assumption that a "thug" tried to get money from them. Does the OP personally know this "thug"? According to the article, an "apparently homeless man" knocked on the door. Is it possible that this person could be mentally ill? Or maybe desperate. He might be a thug, but I don't know that as a fact.

The OP is certainly entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.

Why am I not surprised that the OP incorrectly summarized the article in an inflammatory manner? Under current policy, the students could be expelled, but a reading of the article gives the impression that this will not happen. Then there is the assumption that a "thug" tried to get money from them. Does the OP personally know this "thug"? According to the article, an "apparently homeless man" knocked on the door. Is it possible that this person could be mentally ill? Or maybe desperate. He might be a thug, but I don't know that as a fact.

Did we read the same article? The "homeless guy" was a convicted felon that was arrested after the incident on outstanding felony warrants (one conviction was for rioting with a deadly weapon!!). He even showed them his monitoring ankle bracelet. Now why would he do that? Just another misunderstood-under-privileged-just-give-me-a-house-and-I'll-be-a better-human-being? I'm sure he just wanted a quarter so he could check in with his Parole Officer...

Reading lessons available at you local community college.

Gonzaga may re-evaluate weapons policy, says president

In a Saturday statement, Gonzaga President Thayne M. McCulloh revealed that this week’s controversy over possible sanctions against two students who discouraged an intruder at gunpoint from their off-campus apartment has opened the door for “thoughtful evaluation” of the university’s weapons policy, the Spokane Spokesman-Review reported.

<broken link removed>

That would be the sensible thing to do as well as relieve those campus cops of their badges and jobs.
They would do well getting a job in Beijing.

:s0112::s0114:

America's campuses are free rape zones because predators know few if any co-eds carry a gun

It's amazing to read posts on a gun forum from people who obviously live in ivory towers and apparently have never been on the mean streets

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top