JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Went to brew my first cup o' coffee this morning a few mins ago. Started to spray water into the K cup receptical and almost dropped the k cup into the water reservoir. Hopefully this is an isolated incident and not an indicator of how my day shall go. :(

I was just retrieving some more K-cups for my Keurig and encountered the largest spider I've ever seen in my house in our pantry. I almost screamed like a girl :(, in fact, inside, I think I did....

I still haven't had my coffee yet. It got away before I could get it, so I just finished building a trap to try and catch it. If my wife sees it, we'll have to burn the house down.

Not starting great here either. I hope you finally go your coffee :)

A hunting buddy/mentor is bringing over 50 pounds of ground elk; we're making Italian sausage today....I've been up since 6; dropping things..on my 3rd cup of kombucha green tea.

Have a beef-stew in the slow cooker, everything is set.

It's gonna be a great day!

:s0023:

Meh. That's nothing.

I was standing at the stove cooking french toast when a kamikaze bird tried to get into my kitchen and killed itself on the kitchen window. Startled me a little, but I am getting used to it. Since I have lived here about a dozen birds have killed themselves on my windows - there is a still a smudge on one of the large windows.

Since we are on the topic of pests a few years ago my daughter started yelling about the 'giant moth' that was in the house - giant moth - it was a bat!! Chased it around then it finally landed on the inside of a leg of a computer desk so I went out and got a welding glove to pull it off. Then my daughter says "Dad don't hurt the little thing it's cute" so I gently got it peeled off the leg and threw it out the door and it few off. Tough little buggers - it was kind of tough to get it loose from the desk leg.

I woke to my dog throwing up all over the bed at 1:30.
So I got up and started cleaning. Then just stayed up and made myself breakfast about 3:30AM.
No big deal.

Then We [Me and Dog] went for a walk about 8:00AM. Just strolling through the hood when a car runs over a cat not 30 feet in front of us! It was busted up bad. But made it under a fence into it's yard.
I knocked on the door and told the guy his cat just got smashed. He was grateful, but upset.
No big deal.

No not a bad day at all. ''Interesting''. But not bad.

Last Edited:
So I guess it's time for bad day stories:D life is an adventure. So while working as a contractor in Iraq it was 7 days a week and twelve hours a day. Guy running the trucking had worked his way up and paid his dues to get there but it doesn't stop you from making bad decisions.

Takes 16 lbs of ice for every person on base so the refers (refrigerator trucks) convoy it in from great distances. Had no fuel to haul that day so you still worked getting trucks ready for convoy or unloading them. We got new huge ground freezers in so the boss had us go out and forklift the pallets of ice to the freezers.

Hot fugging day and with the body armour you are forced to wear it's was hell but once we started moving the ice a man could actually breath without frying his lungs. So we moved from the trucks to the freezers enough to fill up 6 freezers and that allowed the refers to get back on convoy.

Next day the boss was gone and a new boss in his place. Seems ice has to be handled in a special way or it is deemed contaminated, all that we moved had to be thrown out. Don't know if he got fired but never saw him again. That's a bad day.

Since we are on the topic of pests a few years ago my daughter started yelling about the 'giant moth' that was in the house - giant moth - it was a bat!! Chased it around then it finally landed on the inside of a leg of a computer desk so I went out and got a welding glove to pull it off. Then my daughter says "Dad don't hurt the little thing it's cute" so I gently got it peeled off the leg and threw it out the door and it few off. Tough little buggers - it was kind of tough to get it loose from the desk leg.

Bats eat bugs - especially mosquitoes.

Then We [Me and Dog] went for a walk about 8:00AM. Just strolling through the hood when a car runs over a cat not 30 feet in front of us! It was busted up bad. But made it under a fence into it's yard.
I knocked on the door and told the guy his cat just got smashed. He was grateful, but upset.
No big deal.

No not a bad day at all. ''Interesting''. But not bad.

tell the cat that.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

That reminds me... Friday night I walk out into the back yard and I see my two labs in the back corner all excited and it looks like they're playing tug-o-war / keep-away with each other, I'm thinking AWESOME, they're getting along (because they oftentimes fight over food and the "chase balls" in the yard)... I look a little closer and I'm thinking, "where'd they get that black chew-toy?"..... SHEITE!!!! :eek:

It was a young black kitten who made the mistake of entering our (chain-link) fenced off yard. I got the dogs off it, it was scared sheitless and outright freaking out, even at me.

I gave it room to rest and see what it'd do, but it was breathing WAY heavy and obviously couldn't use it's back legs... I had to get the pellet gun (can't have the neighbors hearing a .22 going off) and put one in the back of it's head to put the poor thing out of it's misery.

I was sorely pi$$ed at the dogs, but they're dogs and they're defending the pack's territory. It wasn't the most pleasant task having to finish off the kitten... for sure. :(

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top