Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $1,000 in prizes this month in the Northwest Firearms Winter Giveaway!
    Dismiss Notice

WTS OR Gone

Discussion in 'Handgun Classifieds' started by catherinecc, Jul 21, 2014.

1. catherinecc

catherinecc New Member

Gone.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2014
  2. 2ANewbie

2ANewbie S.E. Portland Member

I notice that you have several rifle and pistol Offers to Sell on this forum.
    Please explain the telephone area code of "250" (British Columbia).

3. PDXSparky

PDXSparky Keizer / Hillsboro Well-Known Member

In today's world with most people using cell phones, area codes mean very little. A friend at work, a Washington resident has an area code from Utah and my the class 3 dealer I just got a suppressor is a Newberg resident, yet he has a Washington area code.

4. The Heretic

The Heretic Oregon Well-Known Member

Agreed - I see this all the time.

The only reason I have a 503 area code instead of 425 (I used to live in Seattle) is that I changed my number after moving here because someone gave my ex-wife my number and she wouldn't stop calling me.

5. ruggdogg87

ruggdogg87 Tigard Active Member

I spoke with her and she is a resident of British Columbia. Just FYI

6. catherinecc

catherinecc New Member

The firearms never left Oregon, so no importation was required. While I couldn't buy due to the lack of oregon residency (although still holding a green card), transferring was possible.

BTW, for all you know it alls... I brought this issue up to police officer who said there was no issue with transfers either through a FFL or a private sale.

I then had the first FFL I used call their resource line, who then called the feds and they confirmed there were no issues with this kind of transfer.

And - as promised - the transfers went well at several FFLs and some folks got some very decent deals (as amazingly, people generally won't spend weeks in a city in which they don't live anymore to get rid of a few thousand dollars worth of firearms)

Last edited: Jul 24, 2014
    Joe13 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.