Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

WTS OR Gone

Discussion in 'Handgun Classifieds' started by catherinecc, Jul 21, 2014.

1. catherinecc

catherinecc New Member

Gone.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2014
  2. 2ANewbie

2ANewbie S.E. Portland Member

I notice that you have several rifle and pistol Offers to Sell on this forum.
    Please explain the telephone area code of "250" (British Columbia).

3. PDXSparky

PDXSparky Keizer / Hillsboro Well-Known Member

In today's world with most people using cell phones, area codes mean very little. A friend at work, a Washington resident has an area code from Utah and my the class 3 dealer I just got a suppressor is a Newberg resident, yet he has a Washington area code.

4. The Heretic

The Heretic Oregon Well-Known Member

Agreed - I see this all the time.

The only reason I have a 503 area code instead of 425 (I used to live in Seattle) is that I changed my number after moving here because someone gave my ex-wife my number and she wouldn't stop calling me.

5. ruggdogg87

ruggdogg87 Tigard Active Member

I spoke with her and she is a resident of British Columbia. Just FYI

6. catherinecc

catherinecc New Member

The firearms never left Oregon, so no importation was required. While I couldn't buy due to the lack of oregon residency (although still holding a green card), transferring was possible.

BTW, for all you know it alls... I brought this issue up to police officer who said there was no issue with transfers either through a FFL or a private sale.

I then had the first FFL I used call their resource line, who then called the feds and they confirmed there were no issues with this kind of transfer.

And - as promised - the transfers went well at several FFLs and some folks got some very decent deals (as amazingly, people generally won't spend weeks in a city in which they don't live anymore to get rid of a few thousand dollars worth of firearms)

Last edited: Jul 24, 2014
    Joe13 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.