JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
The old Colt PPS from the back of my safe is up on the block.

Serial number indicates production during 1925 -- the original run of the Police Positive Special. Sharp internals, has holster wear on bluing both on the barrel and in the cylinder, along with a few scratches -- this gun was carried, but it doesn't appear to have been fired much. Wearing correct 1920s black "rubber" Colt Police Positive "Fleur-De-Lis" checkered grips -- grips are in excellent condition with no cracks or chips. This gun has the rare and sought after 5" barrel -- much less common than the 4" version.

Locks up "bank vault" tight. Seriously. There is no play at all when trigger is depressed -- making for a more accurate target gun than most shooters will ever be. They just don't make 'em like this anymore. It is a slender, elegant, lightweight, accurate, and beautifully made weapon -- made when American craftsmanship was the best in the world.

As always, my preference is to trade for a quality firearm. I would be interested in a nice 1911 or a Browning Hi Power, a good scoped bolt action rifle in 30-06 or larger, or a good magnum revolver, etc. I like Colt and S&W products and other quality manufacturers. Open to trades in addition to the stuff listed -- feel free to offer whatever. Generally speaking, IMHO, when it comes to guns, older is better.

p.s. looking to do a FTF transaction with a private party in the PDX metro area. OR CHL holders preferred.
The old Colt PPS from the back of my safe is up on the block.

Serial number indicates production during 1925 -- the original run of the Police Positive Special. Sharp internals, has holster wear on bluing both on the barrel and in the cylinder, along with a few scratches -- this gun was carried, but it doesn't appear to have been fired much. Wearing correct 1920s black "rubber" Colt Police Positive "Fleur-De-Lis" checkered grips -- grips are in excellent condition with no cracks or chips. This gun has the rare and sought after 5" barrel -- much less common than the 4" version.

Locks up "bank vault" tight. Seriously. There is no play at all when trigger is depressed -- making for a more accurate target gun than most shooters will ever be. They just don't make 'em like this anymore. It is a slender, elegant, lightweight, accurate, and beautifully made weapon -- made when American craftsmanship was the best in the world.

As always, my preference is to trade for a quality firearm. I would be interested in a nice 1911 or a Browning Hi Power, a good scoped bolt action rifle in 30-06 or larger, or a good magnum revolver, etc. I like Colt and S&W products and other quality manufacturers. Open to trades in addition to the stuff listed -- feel free to offer whatever. Generally speaking, IMHO, when it comes to guns, older is better.

p.s. looking to do a FTF transaction with a private party in the PDX metro area. OR CHL holders preferred.
Hi,
I have a Browning Safari 7mm with boss II and 3x9 leopold scope...mint conditon. I have it listed on here in the rifle section. I am new to this site and unaware how to include in this post. Thanx Joe

Still got the old Colt.

And people, I'd encourage you to avoid "JoeyC" -- after two long phone calls, quite a bit of discussion and 'negotiation' over the phone, and my re-arranging my day to meet up, he was a no-show, and failed to answer or return calls. Basically the kind of BS I have come to expect from Armslist, but not NWFA.

I guess that will teach me to try to deal with a new member with no feedback.

Oh well.

Still got the old Colt.

And people, I'd encourage you to avoid "JoeyC" -- after two long phone calls, quite a bit of discussion and 'negotiation' over the phone, and my re-arranging my day to meet up, he was a no-show, and failed to answer or return calls. Basically the kind of BS I have come to expect from Armslist, but not NWFA.

I guess that will teach me to try to deal with a new member with no feedback.

Oh well.

This was no where near a fair trade. If it was, you would not of been in such a hurry to do this.

This was no where near a fair trade. If it was, you would not of been in such a hurry to do this.

You contacted me re this deal. It was your idea. I encouraged you to look into values and make sure it was something you were comfortable doing. You claimed to have done this, negotiated re terms, and set a time to meet.

If you changed your mind, that's fine.

But basic courtesy would be to let the other person know. Courtesy and reliability are what separates users of this forum from craigslist and armslist users, hence my earlier statement.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.