JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Wellllll...... YIKES! Or.... for 52 bones it spec'd just fine and have no doubt it will make smoke. I guess as a last line back-up (as I intended) for my "absolute budget build" it'll do, Have to say though, it's about the ugliest carrier I've ever seen by a wide margin "Functionally", and in most of the more critical areas it's just fine (staking, gas port, firing pin, cam, blah blah blahh). The bolt itself is actually quite decent. The carrier is absolutely covered with machining marks though... even in the bolt receiver and rails. (Likely to eat gas rings at an accelerated rate). The nitride finish is uneven, blotchy, very thin in spots and came coated in what can only be described as patches of rusty oil.

Or rather, what looks more like maybe some light surface rust in spots that got liquified when oil was applied since it's localized and not evenly distributed over every surface. Most areas are clearly oil only with streaks and streams of rust toned oily patches that readily cleaned off, but not quite what I would expect to see on a brand new BGC out-of-the-box. Considering it's supposed to be adequately nitrided I guess it's possible it's just post process applied dirty oil blotches on the surface(?)

I haven't test fired it and that may be awhile since it's only a back-up for the last in line "back-up rifle".

Considering I also have one just about absolute barebone PSA BCG (toolcraft nitride MPI) and an Azimuth.... and they look like a wet dream compared to this AO Precision... it ain't at all pretty, but it'll bang in a pinch. Certainly cheap enough not to complain.

Last Edited:
Not nice? Kind of wish I wouldn't have ordered one, now. At least it's an opportunity to see what you've so graciously detailed. I appreciate that.

Not nice? Kind of wish I wouldn't have ordered one, now. At least it's an opportunity to see what you've so graciously detailed. I appreciate that.
There is always the chance I just ended up with the one wet cat in the crate, and for someone extremely budget minded... I mean... I have every faith it would fire and cycle just fine.

I don't plan on returning it and will likely do a little work on it, but after test firing I also don't plan on shticking it anywhere but a storage tube. ;)

I'm highly interested to hear what conditions others end up receiving.

Last Edited:
I often compete in the worlds worst photgrapher competitions, but I can try.
20220603_210759 (2).jpg
20220603_211001 (2).jpg

I tried to capture it where I was able, but those machining bands cover the carrier group inside and out, entirely. Including the bolt receiver, which is where my main concern lies. Under a flashlight I guess the "rust" colored areas didn't quite all rub off. Bearing in mind I only dry wiped it and haven't taken any cleaning agents or a brush to it yet to really clean it up. Other than a one time disassembly to take measurements and visual inspection.. I haven't done a thing to it, yet.

Not what I would call too purdy, and can't say I'm all that overjoyed with the purchase, but $50 for a backup... I didn't get robbed. As I said, the important bits (bolt, staking, firing pin, etc) are actually quite nice. Tight tolerances and everything spec'd out just fine.

Last Edited:
I would send mine back and request a refund/replacement if mine looked like that unless it was disclosed and I agreed to the fact that someone found that one in the glovebox of their boat.

Mine had no oil coating in the sealed thick plastic bag, though the bolt was lubed up pretty well.

Looks like the carriers were put in a box together with no protection after the coating process.

3703D154-97A4-4A75-B938-407A04EEE90F.jpeg 5AB28035-F586-425D-A2B0-FCCE54EDD98C.jpeg 5D779A7A-6922-4841-97CC-A39787D090C6.jpeg

I would run it for 50rnds and you won't notice the markings any longer. If you are going to be using it for a shelf decoration, then I would order a Nitrided version as they nicer looking.

I often compete in the worlds worst photgrapher competitions, but I can try.
View attachment 1213919
View attachment 1213920

I tried to capture it where I was able, but those machining bands cover the carrier group inside and out, entirely. Including the bolt receiver, which is where my main concern lies. Under a flashlight I guess the "rust" colored areas didn't quite all rub off. Bearing in mind I only dry wiped it and haven't taken any cleaning agents or a brush to it yet to really clean it up. Other than a one time disassembly to take measurements and visual inspection.. I haven't done a thing to it, yet.

Not what I would call too purdy, and can't say I'm all that overjoyed with the purchase, but $50 for a backup... I didn't get robbed. As I said, the important bits (bolt, staking, firing pin, etc) are actually quite nice. Tight tolerances and everything spec'd out just fine.
Ouch that one looks nasty and warrants a return.

If you are going to be using it for a shelf decoration, then I would order a Nitrided version as they nicer looking.
His phospate looka a hella lot nicer than my nitride. :s0140:

His looks to have the same machining marks too, although less obvious in phospate.

Last Edited:
Ouch that one looks nasty and warrants a return.
I really thought about it, but no guarantee the next pick outta the bulk box would be much better, have the same nice tolerances where it matters.... and the nitride were showing out of stock by the time I received mine.

A little clean up and care it'll be just fine and no reason I can see it won't fully function as intended. It just looks like sin!

RTB has always done me right in the past so I decided to let this ONE slide. I'm sure they just grabbed one outta da'box and didn't intentionally send me a turd lookin mo'fo.;)

There ya go! I'll just scratch, "Turdinator" on the outside of the storage tube to give it the self confidence boost it needs to be just as bada** as the others. :D

Last Edited:
Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top