JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I agree, this show is far from reality. I know they are all fake, so I just see it as entertainment. You are totally right, it shouldn't be on that network. I used to watch discovery as a kid and it used to be educational.

Now my kids and I watch TLC, like to watch 'how it's made' and my boys like anything space and science related.

TLC isn't much better any more. I'm not sure what you learn from Honey Boo Boo, Toddlers & Tierras or My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding.

I won't mention names but they are very avid gun collectors. Some nice pieces of BIG, long range guns too. They are pretty decent guys and the show does show what the producers want or believe people want to see, its at times biased. But what isn't on TV these days.

I have family that knows the guys from sandy my friends house was evening in this seasons opening episode.
They were telling me these guys get sent all kinds of ridiculous swag.
Tricked out rifles and pistols, clothing, and kinds of outdoor gear. Like a room full of swag.
I want to be on te show for that Reason.

I wished it were a show about gold mining. The Discovery channel reminds me of an ex girlfriend of mine... It used to be informative, intelligent and nice to look at. After some time, that wasn't good enough for her. It seems the new model for their TV shows is to find something interesting, add a can of BS and contrived drama about the smallest of things, add commercials and voila, they've got a show with maybe two minutes of useful information. I find this "model" insulting to my intelligence (and I'm not a smart person by any means) and no, I cannot watch it anymore. The majority of Americans must like it or they wouldn't keep making shows by this model. I wish more people felt the way I do and things would change. They'd have to. Until then, I'll just leave the cable disconnected.

Thats what its all about, selling commercials, so you can hear the repetative drone of the salesman. Heard that 3 times and its sunk in. I gotta have that latest and greatest gizmo!

I do not, have not owned a T.V. in over 35 years! You can imagine how much b.s. I have cleared off my plate!

Have met Todd Hoffman, seems like a genuine good guy. Watch the show partly because there isn't really anything better on, partly because of local guys, and apartly because I am intrigued by the mechanical aspect.
I know it's TV, I take it with an industrial sized grain of salt and enjoy it for the above mentioned reasons.

Okay, so one miner pays a surprise visit to another. With cameras already running inside, we see him arrive in his rig and enter the room. "And... action!" Spontaneous? Hardly.

Still, despite the scripted elements, I find myself pondering how I'd react to all the challenges, weather, breakdowns, etc. You gotta admit some of the "battlefield" solutions they use to fix things can be pretty clever.

Good thing Papa Smurf isn't a midwife. "Breech delivery? No problem, we'll just hook up the 400 and get that little bugger outta there!"

Yeah i'm a sucker for these shows not for the drama because it's all fake, but just for what they do and the idea behind it.
If i had the opportunity to do it I would jump at it.

Hell just to go to alaska and work in that beautiful place? Sign me up

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads