JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Did anyone else watch the first episode of this?

I wonder why they decided to move it to South America? Maybe the Dakota guys and the young kid did not want to do a show this time? Or to much heat from the Mining Authorities?

Either way, it some risky stuff running around the jungle of S. America.

What was your take on the show? Seems like some messed up ways of mining. They use hydraulic mining just ripping up dirt and the worst was the mercury. I was shocked when I saw that one guy pouring mercury directly into the other guys hands. :s0095:

What was your take on the show? Seems like some messed up ways of mining. They use hydraulic mining just ripping up dirt and the worst was the mercury. I was shocked when I saw that one guy pouring mercury directly into the other guys hands.

I have a small bottle of mercury at home, probably only a lb or so, right next to the roll of asbestos high temp wrapping tape. Hasn't jumped out and killed me yet! Yes, I've poured the mercury into my hands, covered pennies with it and even sold a small tube or two when I was in the 6th grade. That's about 55 years I've had the mercury although I haven't played in it for years now.

I posted this previously but it still applies. Father and son came into our place of business last year looking for 'equipment donations' in trade for ad space on the program. It was something that wouldn't really 'pencil' for us but they told one of our salespersons what Nat Geo was paying them per episode - they do not need to profit from finding gold. Personally I do not understand the appeal Nat Geo has for these guys. They seem crude and unrefined for the most part.

Isn't the dangerous part of using mercury flashing off the mercury to separate the gold out? Breathing vaporized mercury is what killed a lot of miners in the mid 1800s. Photographers too. Holding mercury isn't poisonous, it getting it in your mouth or nose that's bad.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top