JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I think it was predicated on the idea that by now you would be using all that gold to manufacture sophisticated microelectronics, and the gold would be used for making wires that wouldn't corrode and oxidize like copper does.

I suppose you could also pound it into very fine foil for making heat retaining kapton foil for spacecraft.

Perhaps you could vapor deposit it on the inside of optics to cut out undesired light spectra, however sapphire usually works better for IR.

As it turns out, gold is a largely useless material for most applications, it has a very high density and high corrosion resistance, but there are other materials that are better for both.

I'm not personally sure exactly why you bought any.

OTOH, platinum has significant scientific and industrial uses, from catalysts to electrical components, it's orders of magnitude more valuable than gold is. Same thing goes for silver. Silver has extensive use in electrical components, medical uses (usually plating surfaces to make them antiseptic, PS: if you say colloidal silver, I will stab you), semi-conductors, solar applications etc.

Yea, don't buy gold.

I like all forms of savings; well except paper. Diversification. The elite bankers are gobbling about S/G while bad mouthing it and printing their phony certs. Master criminals above the law control PMs, the value of the dollar, stocks, and of course the printing of dollars/digits out of thin air.

REAL things, whether it be ammo, or a hammer, or a cordless drill are the most sound items to have.

In this messed up world of crooks, robbers and scams it isn't easy to know which direction to go. All I know is if someone can take a resource from me with a keystroke on a computer it isn't something I am interested in anymore.

If SHTF hits in our lifetime any resources held by any financial institution might as well not exist at all.

I look at silver like a hammer... If I paid for a hammer, and then the price drops I still have a hammer.

I use silver for stuff, however I don't buy coins, I buy industrial silver which comes as shot, and pretty much I pay spot.

Well I look at precious metals as any stock, or commodity these days.

As BURT pointed out, it is manipulated by TPTB, they got everyone to buy into to it at $25.,$30, or more and now that it is less than $20.00 you will see panic selling, I personally think it will drop to less than $16. this year. When it does I will buy $1k worth. and hold on to it, as it goes to ridiculous prices, well over it last high of $33.ish I will sell a little here and there using it to offset the high cost of other material goods and store bought food.

I was samsclub near me yesterday and hamburger was $5.00 a lb. I said no I will come back, ( I usually buy it when its red tagged, take it home and freeze or cook it and then freeze it, that way I do not pay full price).

My point being everything else is going through the roof, and now ole dumb arse is in his home continent touting how we have to commit to feeding the world, just watch he will start sending them grain driving up the cost of food even more.

things do not makes sense right now in the stock markets, commodities or precious metals because they are all being manipulated. the trick is, is to figure what TPTB are doing and do it on much smaller scale one we can afford on our pay so as prices rise we can make a profit as well and keep up our standards of living.

Two years ago when silver was over $46.00 oz, there was a guy in Gresham buying guns with silver ounces.
Now, he is selling the guns for silver ounces. I think he is on to something here.

Burt is right. Diversify. In real, tangible things. Don't forget the stock market was 50% of what it is today just a few years ago. the dudes at the top are organized and doing their thing (like they have ALWAYS done). Working folks haven't been for at least 40 years and we are seeing the results of that too. It isn't a conspiracy, it's just how wealth has worked for a very, very long time. But, once you've maximized your income...then diversify.

Well I look at precious metals as any stock, or commodity these days.

As BURT pointed out, it is manipulated by TPTB, they got everyone to buy into to it at $25.,$30, or more and now that it is less than $20.00 you will see panic selling, I personally think it will drop to less than $16. this year. When it does I will buy $1k worth. and hold on to it, as it goes to ridiculous prices, well over it last high of $33.ish I will sell a little here and there using it to offset the high cost of other material goods and store bought food.

I was samsclub near me yesterday and hamburger was $5.00 a lb. I said no I will come back, ( I usually buy it when its red tagged, take it home and freeze or cook it and then freeze it, that way I do not pay full price).

My point being everything else is going through the roof, and now ole dumb arse is in his home continent touting how we have to commit to feeding the world, just watch he will start sending them grain driving up the cost of food even more.

things do not makes sense right now in the stock markets, commodities or precious metals because they are all being manipulated. the trick is, is to figure what TPTB are doing and do it on much smaller scale one we can afford on our pay so as prices rise we can make a profit as well and keep up our standards of living.

Here's the thing that it seems few people understand, leading up to WW2, and even more so after WW2, the US became the breadbasket of planet earth. We have a stable economy and political system (compared to everywhere else) and a productive modern scientific farming system. Compared to places where the idea of "sewing seeds" takes place by walking around with a basket and dumping seeds out with your hand. Our machines plant seeds at the optimal depth for germination, the same machine tracks the moisture levels in the soil, and creates a map, so water and fertilizer can be applied only where needed.

Also, a multi-thousand acre farm can be tended by only a few farmers, where all the crops can be harvested by machine. Food in the US at current prices is about 10x cheaper now than it was in 1900 (as related to how much time was spent working to earn a given quantity of food).

I think one of those things that often gets lost in the "shtf" equation most people think of, if we go down, the world starves. Hell, ethanol subsidies are the reason why there were riots in mexico, and could likely be tied to the arab spring. We decided we wanted to take something that's cheap here (food) and make something that's expensive out of it here (fuel), well, all the places that had cheap fuel started to starve because you can't eat gasoline.

My father-in-law is really into gold mining. Has been for about 15 years. He says that word in the gold world is that the .gov is intentionally lowering it so that you and I will sell it and they can gain control of it. Makes sense to me. If it stays this low, once the ranch sells, we will invest some of the money into metals. Some of those metals will be yellow and white, some will be black, blue and copper and lead.

Rick Harris from Pawn Stars was interviewed (Gold and Silver Pawn in Las Vegas) and he said it is really hard to get the physical metals.

Perhaps he doesn't know about the Comex paper cert fraud or isn't allowed to comment on such things. He's a pretty informed, street wise guy so I'll sure he knows though.

With all the people 'selling' their silver it should be in great abundance at every coin and pawn shop. But of course it is not because JP Morgan is just flooding the market with PAPER that is unsupported by real physical metal, hence the $<20 price.

Went to sell some silver coins my SIL had after her divorce. The local coin shop told me that there is such a glut of silver on the market that they can't buy at spot, but offered me a price per ounce about $8 below spot for what I had. I just bought it from her at market value and stashed it away. Come a crisis, the basic necessities will be of value. Clean drinking water, food and shelter, clothing, personal hygiene products, guns and ammunition.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top