JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'am wondering how many of us buy Gold or Sliver as an investment or as a buying/bartering medium for a SHTF occurence, I mean bullion or coins and where do you buy if you do, I have Sliver and have just started buying more a little every now and then when the price seems ok. I've been buying at Tiptons here in Salem.

Last Edited:
Look back at the history of gold and silver since they allowed Americans to own it. Gold at one time got up to $800 and silver $40 an ounce or there abouts. Then it crashed and never came back for years. Even today you are spending inflated dollars for gold and silver, hope it works out better this time around.

jj

Look back at the history of gold and silver since they allowed Americans to own it. Gold at one time got up to $800 and silver $40 an ounce or there abouts. Then it crashed and never came back for years. Even today you are spending inflated dollars for gold and silver, hope it works out better this time around.

jj

I have not purchased yet. I am going to do so shortly, little purchases of "junk" silver, US coins of no collector value, just at melt price.

Gold and silver investing assumes the economy will continue to get worse. It might and in a long recession such as that endured by Japan in the 90's with little economic growth, it might be worth it. At some point you have to redeem it for Dollars or Euros or whatever. If it is an End of the world as we know it scenario then, you would be better off investing in learning how to live off the land with very few modern conveniences as any type of currency you can't eat or drink will have relatively little value.

Gold if you are rich and have a lot of wealth to preserve. Silver (poor man's gold) if you are of modest means. Best place to buy from is apmex.com (ask for Mac) Worst place to buy Northwest Territorial Mint.

No. Always saw it as a walmart crowd investment i.e. investing for people who don't know anything about investing, money, etc.

sorta like currency trading.

....If it is an End of the world as we know it scenario then, you would be better off investing in learning how to live off the land with very few modern conveniences as any type of currency you can't eat or drink will have relatively little value.

This is very true. I don't expect the end of the world, but value having diversified my holdings, in both hard currency and knowledge. As for knowledge. I enjoy learning "the old ways". It fascinates how me how we have taken the old, simple, sustainable ways and complicated them and made them unsustainable and called them modern/advanced and better.........hmmmmmm.

I'am wondering how many of us buy Gold or Sliver as an investment or as a buying/bartering medium for a SHTF occurence, I mean bullion or coins and where do you buy if you do, I have Sliver and have just started buying more a little every now and then when the price seems ok. I've been buying at Tiptons here in Salem.
Thats where i buy mine, I bought 2 50 pesos Mexican gold centenarios when their value was around 800 fun stuff.
:s0155:

The way I look at it, whether the the economy goes through the roof or tanks, gold and silver will alway be worth something. At one time I had a fair amount of silver. Family medical bills and the subsequent loss of income forced me to cash it in. I was happy to do so as it it helped us to get over some rough times.

<broken link removed> is a site that I have found very useful for information. I don't trust the Federal Reserve or their FRNs. If I were going to buy some PMs I would buy locally and pay in cash.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top