JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
IMG_0710.jpg IMG_0706.jpg IMG_0703.jpg IMG_0702.jpg IMG_0704.jpg
Sold
I had this ring manufactured a number of years ago when I was temporarily in the mining business but I never wear it. It is sized small for my little finger, but a jeweler/goldsmith can resize it and that isn't very expensive to do. The appearance of marks on the bottom edge in the photos is actually fuzz from the box it is sitting in.
I used to know the individual carat weight of the stones but I really cannot remember the exact weight but I do know the total weight of both stones is a little over 5 carats.
The sapphire is a natural stone and the golden diamond matches it in size and cut. I will sell it at the wholesale sacrifice price of $4500.00. I will take one ounce gold Eagles, Kruggerands, Maple Leafs in trade at the market price plus 10%. I will ship upon receipt of certified funds. I am on the Southern Oregon Coast but I can drive a couple of hours in any direction (except West:rolleyes:) to meet a buyer.
Semper Fi

Last Edited:
I really like this!
Thank you! I had a custom jeweler make it as a display piece for our sapphire mine. He did a BEAUTIFUL job on it. He was one of a number of craftsman who had done work for us, he was slow, but he was the best. I gave him the stones and told him I wanted something dramatic, elegant, but simple without being gaudy. It's the last of our display pieces, one I had kept for myself because it was the best. I just never wear it, and as much as I like it now have more use for the money than the ring.

Last Edited:
Interesting ring but hard to say how much it's really worth without a professional appraisal.
I paid $4500.00 for the diamond. We sold our sapphires of that size and quality for $900-$1200.
The jeweler who did all of our custom work charged me $675.00 to make the ring. That was my cost on the ring in 1997. That was when gold was in the $350.00 per oz range. That same ring with the gold (it's heavy) would cost somewhere in the $1000.00+ price range to manufacture today. Even if the diamond had not increased in value (which is NOT the case) the wholesale cost to replace the ring would be well over $6500.00. And that's if you could get it wholesale, and if you could get a quality golden diamond in the 2.50 ct range for $4500.00, and if you could get a premium sapphire direct from the mine without any markup for $1000.00!
I priced it to sell.

Last Edited:
I paid $4500.00 for the diamond. We sold our sapphires of that size and quality for $900-$1200.
The jeweler who did all of our custom work charged me $675.00 to make the ring. That was my cost on the ring in 1997. I priced it to sell.
It's worth whatever someone wants to pay to own it, whatever having it means to them.

Up to a point. When you get to "real money", things like stone quality come into play. With a gun you pretty much know what you are getting. With a stone, it can be a crap shoot. No one wants to pay $4500 for stones that are worth $1000, regardless of attractiveness.

What size is the ring? (6.5, 8, etc.).

Up to a point. When you get to "real money", things like stone quality come into play. With a gun you pretty much know what you are getting. With a stone, it can be a crap shoot. No one wants to pay $4500 for stones that are worth $1000, regardless of attractiveness.

I disagree...a gun is also a crap shoot. Hopefully the gun is fully functional, accurate and reliable.
Unless you take it out and shoot it before buying it, it's a crap shoot. You buy a gun based on the seller's reputation and what you can see visually. This ring is the same. You can look at the stones thru a jeweler's loupe (I have one), measure the diameter and depth, etc., but the test is how much is it worth to you to own it. How attracted are you to it, how much pride and pleasure will you get from wearing it, what does it say about your taste, achievements, status in life. Unless, of course, you are buying it to re-sell. Even then, it's a judgement call. How much do you think someone else will be willing to pay for it for the pleasure of owning it? A fine piece of jewelry is a luxury that the average man cannot treat himself to but it does make a statement about what he has accomplished in his professional life.
It's sized for my left hand little finger which is not large so it may have to be re-sized to fit whatever finger on whatever hand the owner wants to wear it on as is the case with any ring.
Any good jeweler/goldsmith can do it reasonably.

Last Edited:

True, but you aren't paying $4500.00 for "stones". You are buying a matched diamond and sapphire, manufactured in a heavy gold quality setting that would cost multiples of the asking price.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top