JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So, maybe I am getting old(er) but I am not to keen on daytime target acquisition with the trijicon night sights on my 1911. Been looking at going with a gold bead front sight. Not a big fan of fiber optics (aka: a Lucite rod...)

Any opinions/pics/experience with gold dot front sights?

Thanks!

- Netsecsys
Semper Fi

I had a Novak LW Commander that had the gold bead and I liked it.

They are too pricey for me though and most are for 1911 if not all?

A popular "old man" SP is the XS small dot (not trit) and the 10-8 ball cut rear

I have a gold dot front sight on my S&W 325 TR and I like it. Works well for my bifocal eyes. The XS sights work great too and I have them on a couple Glocks. I once had a Makarov front sight ground off and replaced with a gold shotgun bead. Worked pretty well with my homemade express rear sight.

While you are waiting to decide what to buy, put a coat of white typewriter correction fluid ("white-out") on the front sight. It is brilliant white that absorbs any available light, and really grabs the old eye! If you don't like it, it comes right off with any solvent. I DARE you to give it a try.......................elsullo :s0155:

Thanks for all the suggestions. I will try the white-out method first before moving on. I have heard a lot of praise for the gold (real) dot front sight but will weigh my options before deciding. Thanks again.

Just got my gold bead front sight from novak, gotta say, its worth it, picks up a little light and its bright as day, I want bill 325 tr, clint smith loves gold bead front sights cause you don't need much light to see'em.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top