JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
IMG_3914.JPG IMG_3919.JPG I had some time to hit the range again this morning. I dug around in the reloading room and found some 120gr Lapua Scenar's and some 143gr ELD'X'. I loaded the Scenar's with Varget and the ELD-X with H4350. I started with a super clean bore and the 120 Scenar's, the target with the three groups. I fired the right group first with a cold clean bore, I immediately shot the the center group, then I attached the Magnetto speed to the barrel and fired the left group. The attached Magnetto speed did change the point of impact a little. The Magnetto speed gave me a Velocity of 2860 fps.

So I removed the Magnetto speed and dialed what I felt would be the right dope for elevation at 200 yards. I then set 3 shots at the 200 yard line which grouped at .874 for the three shots. I then let the barrel cool, dialed back to my 100 -0- and fired three of the 143gr ELDX/ H4350 loads, that three shot group measured .562.

Last Edited:
IMG_4046.JPG IMG_4042.JPG IMG_4038.JPG IMG_4036.JPG I found a guy to spin a muzzle brake to my barrel diameter. He had it to me in three days! I wanted to see if it would shoot before I had the brake cerakoted armorer black.

I still had the scope set on my 200 yard zero so I spun the muzzle brake on and fired 3 shots at 200 yards with the 140 A-Max's. Smoker group and it really reduced the recoil well. Dropped the muzzle brake off with my Cerakote guy on the way home and picked up some AR parts he had done for me in my "Terminal Grey". So I guess I build another 6.5 Grendel this evening.

Ruger American series have their pros.. now if they would just fix the magazines and make extended ones....

They did it right when they went with cold hammer forged barrels and I don't (or haven't seen yet) a legitimate review where one didn't shoot well.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top