JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If I didn't take my Hawken...I'd bring my 1917 Remington Sporter.*..
21 inch barrel , Lyman peeps , cerakote blue finish and a weather resistant finish on the wood stock.
I'd load it with either a 180 grain , 200 grain or 220 grain bullet...whichever shot the best.
At the moment I'd use 180 grain ...'cause that's what its sighted in for @100 yards.

This rifle handles nicely and shoots well....its robust and makes a dandy woods , close range rifle.
Andy
* I got this rifle from a generous forum member...Again thank you...the rifle means a lot to me.

I always ask myself this question about sunscreen... the answer is yes.
Nobody in the Yukon will question you as to why you have a rifle so much as why you don't have a rifle.

Since it's Canada only .303 Enfield jungle carbines are cool.
I might be wrong but I think they have vending machines on every corner to get them from up there.

This. Sage advice. And don't even try to bring a handgun through Canada.
I have more rifles than shotguns........l.but that is because shotguns are so versitle. They can do anything within there operating range. The ammunition is so variable that if you could only have one firearm, it would have to be a shotgun.

This sounds like an awesome trip.... I'm jealous.

My only travels through Yukon Territory were for work... hauling cars up to Fairbanks for cold weather testing which, as you might expect, happened during the worst time of year. I rarely got off the AlCan, but they were still amazing trips.

YT Magic Story: On one trip, I stopped at the sign forest in Watson Lake, YT. This was late 90s when I still lived in AZ. I found a sign for the little town I lived in at the time so I snapped a pic (disposal camera days). 10 years later (I procrastinate) I found that camera packed away and decided to attempt to get the film developed at the Kennewick Wal*Mart as I was then living in Kennewick.
Moose. Moose. Buffalo. A HERD of Buffalo. Northern Lights. Destruction Bay. My rig broke down and dirty outside of Whitehorse.... And there, right in the same pic of the "Welcome to Goodyear AZ" sign that I had taken 10 years prior... was a "Welcome to Kennewick, WA" sign, graphic of the Blue Bridge and all. Trippy, man.
I'd never even heard of Kennewick, WA until I moved there, and there it was, my new home right next to my old home.
Like I said... trippy, man.

I like the 12 ga slug gun protocol. I like a big lever action too, but a 12 ga is also a survival tool if you take along some bird shot.

Have a great trip, safe travels. Take pics and don't wait 10 yrs to look at em.

Last Edited:
I was part of the 50th anniversary convoy of the Al-Can from just north of Seattle all the way to Fairbanks! Took my 46 PowerWagon all the way from Colorado Springs to Fairbanks and back with zero failures! That was a seriously fun trip! I think the official count was well over 1000 rigs, but there were many many more on the trip with us as support and just tourists! Even the long haul truckers gave us a pass, normally those guys will run you over if your not going speed limit!

I wanted to do the great southern tour, but couldn't get out of a previous engagement! Still, the Al-Can was a blast, many of us camped with our rigs in old military tents and had legit portable kitchens and stuff along the road! It was a non stop party all the way, and a travel speed of 40 to 45 MPH! Made for some intresting travels! Lol
I got a lot of crap from folks because of my Diesel conversion, but it was still super cool! I was still running in primer at the time, so a couple guys shot it OD green and stenciled the white stars and markings along side the freeway in Colorado not even an hour after I had hit the road! ( we had pre planned it) so I would have my truck looking good for the trip! I really want to do it again, but this time in my 42 P.W. half cab truck! :)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top