Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

going to check out duvall..

Discussion in 'Outdoor Shooting Areas' started by BlackRyder, Jul 8, 2016.

1. BlackRyder

BlackRyder Edmonds Well-Known Member

So I'm going to check out the Duvall honey hole tomorrow (weather permitting) - I've never been there, can anyone share some info on the place? Is it still ok to shoot there? How easy is the access? I want to bring a couple rifles and handguns and stuff, but if its a long hike to get to the shooting spot I may have to limit my load out.. Any information would be appreciated!

2. BlackRyder

After poking around on google earth I decided to check out some other spots near sultan- I found a couple good ones, offering distances in the 150-200 yard range. Had a great time, and met a cool family who shared the range with me. I got to watch a dad teach his kids how to shoot .22's and It warmed the cockles of my heart. I'm probably going to head back there in a couple weeks (this coming weekend my dad and I have plans to fill the freezer w chinook), with a little more Trash removal equipment in tow than what I brought this time. As it stands, I took out about 5 propane tanks and a couple contractor bags of garbage, but i had to leave a lot of stuff behind. I left the range looking better than it did before I got there, but i definitely think that a real cleanup is in order. There are about 5 different shooting spots in the area and they are all pretty trashed. Anyone interested in a day of trash removal and gunplay? I'm thinking July 30th... In sultan, WA.

3. Caveman Jim

Caveman Jim West of Oly Springer Slayer 2016 Volunteer

This would warrant a conversation with Cogs, he is our resident cleanup organizer here. I believe that he has some contacts up here in Wa.

4. BlackRyder

I'll get in touch with him- I was thinking something more informal but if we ended up wanting to do a full on cleanup event that would be great!

Certaindeaf likes this.
  5. GUN GUY 425

GUN GUY 425 Wa New Member

I'm down to help. I'm tired of all our shooting game areas getting shut down

BlackRyder likes this.
  6. BlackRyder

Cool man! I'll give you a shout the next time I head out there. I was planning on this coming weekend but the salmon season is still going to be open I think. So I'm going to be working on filling the freezer, until they shut it down. I'll see if anyone else wants to join in the fun, too.