JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey guys I've got some brass surplus that will probably never be used. Mainly 223 and 9. There was a post on here the other day asking questions about pricing per thousand. The prices varied greatly. I wanted to comment and ask further details but the thread was closed before I could.

So...

What is the fair price for
1. Dirty 223 range pickups
2. Cleaned 223 pickups
3. Deprimed, swaged, cleaned 223 pickups
(I've debated sizing and trimming, but me personally if I buy brass from someone I can't be sure they're sized to my specifications. Also I hate trimming...)
4. Dirty 9 pickups
5. Cleaned 9 pickups
Is there much value added to sizing/depriming 9mm??

I guess I'm out of the loop because I refuse to buy brass. Atleast in common calibers. And now it seems most everything is in extreme short supply. Thanks all for any responses!

I wouldn't bother resizing. Tumbled brass is easier to sell if for the right price.

I'd take a look at current ads to see what it's going for.

Yep most guys want to size to match their rig. If I were to do it I would deprime with universal decapper and wet tumble. Price varies depending on.what chambering. As stated above look in rl classifieds to get an idea of what it sells for.

I just dry tumbled all my range pickups in two big Thumlers with walnut media, weighed, bagged and labeled them. No complaints with more than 16 thousand 9mm and 10,000 .223/5.56 sold in the last two years.
I've recently seen 9mm going for $50+/1000 but check ads for going rates for other calibers. Good luck. ;)

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top