JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I went out to the range today to sight in the Eotech on my "M4" carbine. I had just taken the Eotech off my shotgun in lieu of a light/laser combo. So I get the red dot on top of the front sight post and all looks cool as I'm doing MOUT inside my house the other day. :) I get out to the range and sight in the Matech flip up BUIS at 50m as I'm a fan of the 50/250 meter zero. Turn on the Eotech and try to see the target. No Joy. My eyes have not been very good lately at doing the focussing trick from front post to target and adding the red dot just lost me completely. Even at low brightness I just couldn't really get a good sight picture without losing the target image. Well I managed to get it close so I switched to shooting at a 12 inch gong at about 125 meters. It was a frustrating experience. The BUIS seemed not to hold its zero and would flip up by itself on every third shot or so. I was getting ticked. Took off the Eotech and just shot off the rest of my ammo with the BUIS from kneeling and offhand just to keep in practice even if I wasn't hitting that gong very much. So I'm back to where I started minus a few boxes of ammo. I've decided to go back to just the carry handle and no optic. I'm thinking of adding some Tritium night sights front and rear to give me a short range night capability. While I don't foresee using it as a defense weapon, if so, it would probably be at 0-50 meter distances. Therefore, I'm keeping it simple with iron sights and maybe a rail and light in the future. Anyhoo, just wanted to vent about how technology and getting old is not always a good combination...:(

Already wear glasses. I think its just the red dot with front post and then target in background. I do fine with the scope on my MSAR STG-556 which is about 2X but is not illuminated. I've tried an ACOG and didn't really like that either. Something about the bright dot or chevron in an optic that seems to throw me off.

Leupold Prismatic might work for ya. It has a reticle and a red dot. Myself I rarely need the red dot. The reticle is plenty easy to see even with my bifocals.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top