JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
ive got a situation that's frustrating me. We have some property. Horses, goats, etc. last year wife wants goats. I didn't. Girl goats. One of them crys all the time. Both females. Now she buys a mini buck to breed these females. Only thing that bugs me is this one never stops talk/crying. I'm sensitive to animals and it sounds upset. But it's a hay thing. Wants food all the time. I'm about to KO that sucker. I'm really irritated.

She buys these goats and just doesn't do crap with them.

Good to know. Maybe she's just cold. My dog doesn't even want to stay out longer than she has to for potty breaks. It was 24* when I got up and only topped out at 33*.

:s0101:

There are breeds that hardly make a sound, are sturdy enough to be pack animals and you can get milk from them - no I can't remember the dang breed name:oops:.

I say sell the loud ones and try another.

Goats are among animals that can be extremely comfortable with people. Some absolutely crave attention, and just like with some cats and dogs, they will cry til they get what they want.

Years ago, my Mom had a neighbor that had a goat. The goat was crippled and always chained to a post. I spent time with this goat, and from the moment I would get to my Moms house, til I left, this goat would cry for me. They can be very imprinted on people.

65B9C16E-083B-41F4-9253-AF28EFB6294E.gif

Daughter had goats for a while. Went out there for BBQ and one of the gdamn goats, pigmy, small little bastard jumped from the ground to the bumper of my F 350,over the tailgate, on top of the fuel tank/tool box and up on the roof of the pickup. I seriously was going to cap that animal, it saw me coming and jumped to the ground from the roof and ran off.

Its partner goat a bigger Nubian, hooked the wife with its horn in the barn, for not moving out of the way. The wife being a farm girl, body slammed that goat to the barn floor and put some boots on it. That goat would not come anywhere near her ever again. Daughter got rid of them after they ate damn near every piece of ornamental vegetation around her place. How those goats never became a cougar meal I will never know.

You cannot talk about goats without giving this a listen though.

Not suitable for kids or work though.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top