JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
GOA is seeking the SCOTUS to vacate the 2nd courts stay on the injunction against NY's crazy infringment laws.

It could be taken up and acted upon at any moment!!

The nutshell: GOA is basically stating that NY and the 2nd district court didn't get the message from Bruen and continuing to thumb their noses at the SC ruling. Please spank them and send them to their rooms.

And Thomas might just be will to do just that!! It would send shockwaves to all those judges still wagging their middle fingers at the SC to shape up or we WILL put you in your place.

Here's hoping!!

Wow this is awesome. If they win, the same thing could happen in OR which would kill m114 before it ever starts, and make WA think twice about their new proposed registry and permit system.

This may show us if SCOTUS is paying attention to what these lower courts do and if SCOTUS will act on it or not. Keep us posted!

Wow this is awesome. If they win, the same thing could happen in OR which would kill m114 before it ever starts, and make WA think twice about their new proposed registry and permit system.

This may show us if SCOTUS is paying attention to what these lower courts do and if SCOTUS will act on it or not. Keep us posted!
No joke! And GOA has been crushing it lately.

Where's my wallet.....

Aloha, Mark
4 boxes diner YouTube guy has a very thorough video on this. According to him scotus rarely gets involved in vacating a pending case such as this one. They may, but very rare according to him. If they do it's a big deal cuz they will be standing up to those thumbing their nose at scotus (similar to the anti-gun crusader Immergut judge in m114 case).

Lower court enjoined the unconstitutional gun laws in a 140 page ruling. The circuit court of appeals let the gun laws stay with a 3-4 sentence ruling.

To summarize:
  1. Post Bruen, New York tries to thumb their nose and pass unconstitutional gun laws
  2. Fed judge stops the laws ina 140 page ruling
  3. Fed court of appeals allows the unconstitutional laws to stand until a ruling some months or years later in a 3-4 sentence ruling
  4. Plaintiffs file an emergency appeal with SCOTUS
  5. Scotus asks for more info from the circuit court of appeals.

Thinking about the 4 boxes diner video more, it seems to me scotus doesn't get involved until after the decision because they want all the info available (as stated in the video). But in this case they only need enough info to show that the circuit court of appeals has sufficient justification to put a stay on the lower courts ruling. So if the appeals court doesn't have that justification then it seems to me perhaps Scotus could vacate it based on the strength of the lower court's 140 page ruling.

If that happens it's possible something similar could happen on OR. Everyone is waiting to see what scotus will do to those lower courts who blatently disregard legal precedent. Here's hoping they hammer the sh!t out of that appeals court!

My take:
Sotomayor hates the 2nd Amendment (and the Constitution in general). She voted against the Bruen decision. Since her current Circuit is the Second Circuit, which includes New York, it fell on her to write the order that NY state must respond in one week to the Gun Owners of America lawsuit. I very much doubt that she did this willingly and on her own volition. My guess is that she was warned, probably by Justice Clarence Thomas, that if she did not take the necessary steps to re-enforce the Bruen ruling, then the US Supreme Court as a whole would step in. Sotomayor's actions are being watched very carefully by the other Justices. USSC does not like their ruling being flagrantly ignored. They may fast track and hear this lawsuit to make an example of NY state, and Sotomayor.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top