JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
We need to keep beating the drum, get out the vote, this is the single most important act we can perform.
Agreed. We have a lot of honest 2A supporters in the Metro area with no candidates that they can support in their House Districts. I would suggest that they don't sit on their hands and find another district in the state that has a struggling pro-gun candidate that they can support. Even small efforts could make a difference. There are numerous opportunities for pro2a candidates to pick up house seats in the state.

One proactive goal would be to make sure we take back control of the Oregon House in November. Pro-gun legislation would go no where with the current make up of the Oregon House and Senate and Gov.

For quite a while, we had an effective stalemate in Salem with enough R votes to block any really nasty gun control bills. Unfortunately, during the Obama administration, the balanced shifted, away from us. I think folks have forgotten what it was like to have a more balanced approach in Salem. Problem is with so many leftist transplants to Oregon in the last 10 years or so, I'm just not sure if we can restore that balance again. I'm hopeful we can, just not sure.

For quite a while, we had an effective stalemate in Salem with enough R votes to block any really nasty gun control bills. Unfortunately, during the Obama administration, the balanced shifted, away from us. I think folks have forgotten what it was like to have a more balanced approach in Salem. Problem is with so many leftist transplants to Oregon in the last 10 years or so, I'm just not sure if we can restore that balance again. I'm hopeful we can, just not sure.
You are right on about that. It is going to be a very difficult hill to climb but if the pro2a candidates in close race districts can get help from pro2a supporters in overwhelmingly anti-gun districts, we can make it happen.

Agreed, this cycle is so crucial. If Brown is reelected and they have a super majority, there will be no stopping the insanity.
I am in 100% agreement! The super majority will free up the Dems from having to do any bargaining throughout the 2019 and 2020 sessions. Even though they had a huge majority in the 2017 and 2018 sessions, I think they had to hold back on the most egregious legislation in order to get some cooperation from Republicans on tax stuff. That restraint will be gone if they obtain super majority status. It will be mayhem!

What you guys should do is look up pro-gun laws in states like Idaho, copy and paste them into a proposal and ask for an appointment with a pro-gun legislator in Oregon and see what they will introduce.

This is what the antigun people are doing right now. ip43 had crap from California in it (fixed magazines).

I'd copy and paste 20-30 good progun laws and flood the legislature with them. You can search old bills online very easily. Jump onto local forums in pro-gun states and ask what are the best laws to copy.

What you guys should do is look up pro-gun laws in states like Idaho, copy and paste them into a proposal and ask for an appointment with a pro-gun legislator in Oregon and see what they will introduce.

This is what the antigun people are doing right now. ip43 had crap from California in it (fixed magazines).

I'd copy and paste 20-30 good progun laws and flood the legislature with them. You can search old bills online very easily. Jump onto local forums in pro-gun states and ask what are the best laws to copy.
And there's always the other option... if a sympathetic legislator helps work it, you can do a two-pronged offensive by both introduced legislation and initiative. Just like the other team...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top