JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
These types of crimes are always the most disturbing - I mean their killers took the time to bury them - and the truck and trailer were reported to have been seen crossing the border.
These unfortunate people somehow crossed paths with some very violent types.
You can't help but to wonder what led to this. Was it a quick 'hit and run' by the killers or did it happen after some time of trying to win the trust of these people through some very shrewd scheming?

Last Edited:
Was it a quick 'hit and run' by the killers or did it happen after some time of trying to win the trust of these people through some very shrewed scheming?

Which is why you always keep your head on swivel and only trust those the you truly know. Yep its sad but that is what this world is coming to. :(

These types of crimes are always the most diusturbing - I mean their killers took the time to bury them - and the truck and trailer were reported to have been seen criossing the border.
You can't help but to wonder what led to this. Was it a quick 'hit and run' by the killers or did it happen after some time of trying to win the trust of these people through some very shrewed scheming?

Or...Is it fairly common for crimes near the U.S. boarder to be conveniently passed over by national news for fear of supporting a more secure Southern boarder for the U.S.? Hmmm?

Go-head, call me crazy :confused:.

These types of crimes are always the most diusturbing - I mean their killers took the time to bury them - and the truck and trailer were reported to have been seen criossing the border.
You can't help but to wonder what led to this. Was it a quick 'hit and run' by the killers or did it happen after some time of trying to win the trust of these people through some very shrewed scheming?

The wife and I are armed to the teeth when we RV and we're not very friendly to strangers either.

It really makes me angry the millions we spend defending everyone else's borders but, we cannot even protect our own!:mad: We need a president that will tell the libtards/demoncraps to shut the HEDOUBLEHOCKEYSTICKS up and build this wall. Then we need to properly arm our border agents with tools and support!

Guess I'm a racist again!:s0140::rolleyes:

we are at war even if no one wants to admit it.
Yep and it's only a matter of time until a cartel - or a 'consortium' of several attempt an coup d'etat on the Mexican governemnt.
Heck, if the country had to release El Chapos son to PREVENT violence what sort of weakness will be displayed next?

If we could travel across all 50 states with our firearms .......we all could feel a lot safer (I'd bet). But.....NO!!!! The Govt doesn't like that idea.

At the very least ....... where I lay my head for the night IS MY HOME (be it temporary).

Dam those politicians.

".....shall not be infringed."

Aloha, Mark

The wife and I are armed to the teeth when we RV and we're not very friendly to strangers either.
Long time RV'er myself and pretty much the same but I'll admit to 'friendly but cautious' as opposed to 'not very friendly'.

What I find hard to believe is the people who are not cautious at all and will approach people, even in remote areas and start talking, asking questions etc.

I posted this once before but it applies here as well. Several years ago a couple friends and I were camped at one of our favorite (and somewhat remote) spots for a weekend of hanging out, shooting etc. Saturday afternoon we were sitting around, having a few beers (carrying) and well, shall we say looked to be part of the 'environment' - Well up the road comes the Family Truckster (loaded with family) pulls into our camp and Clark Griswold gets out and is inquiring about directions to some particular area. Well, being we wern't what we looked like we were friendly and got them in the right direction but they could have just as easily encounterd a very different 'sort'......

Last Edited:
Long time RV'er myself and pretty much the same but I'll admit to 'friendly but cautious' as opposed to 'not very friendly'.

Yup... It was a subjective statement. We are friendly to other campers in a park or on the LTVA, but very standoffish when on the road. We will offer to help people in need up to a point.... just not going anyplace with people we don't know... "Here's my phone if you need to call a tow truck".

We don't approach people Griswold style, but have had people come into our area up in the mountains looking for directions while using a cellphone to drive on mountain roads/trails... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: Buy a USFS map you idjuts!!!

Yep and it's only a matter of time until a cartel - or a 'consortium' of several attempt an coup d'etat on the Mexican governemnt.
Heck, if the country had to release El Chapos son to PREVENT violence what sort of weakness will be displayed next?
I guess they actually caught el chopos son recently and when about a dozen federales were murdered, they let him go..

What I find hard to believe is the people who are not cautious at all and will approach people, even in remote areas and start talking, asking questions etc.

I posted this once before but it applies here as well. Several years ago a couple friends and I were camped at one of our favorite (and somewhat remote) spots for a weekend of hanging out, shooting etc. Saturday afternoon we were sitting around, having a few beers (carrying) and well, shall we say looked to be part of the 'environment' - Well up the road comes the Family Truckster (loaded with family) pulls into our camp and Clark Griswold gets out and is inquiring about directions to some particular area. Well, being we wern't what we looked like we were friendly and got them in the right direction but they could have just as easily encounterd a very different 'sort'......
I guess our Paul Harrell had to cap a crazy while at a campground once upon a time.

You guys see about the Mormon's that were just gunned down in Mexico.
we are at war even if no one wants to admit it.
they have been slowly taking back their territory
Check out this video about the Mormon's (Mitt Romney's relatives) taking back their towns from the Mexican drug cartels. Really well done video imo.

but have had people come into our area up in the mountains looking for directions while using a cellphone to drive on mountain roads/trails...
I once performed an 'informal' test of the phone GPS map system while off road.
What I found interesting is while the stationary map program shows most (if not all) the typical FS roads that would be on paper the actual GPS system while moving did not show all the roads as I was driving. I even tried to get 'lost' on a road I had not been on before and tried to allow the system to direct me to a known area but until I came to a road crossing or one it 'recognized' it just showed me as covering ground until it updated to the 'known' road.
Bottom line? I would NOT entirely rely on GPS for off road nav and always have a map with me - or be in an area I know well.

Yup... It was a subjective statement. We are friendly to other campers in a park or on the LTVA, but very standoffish when on the road. We will offer to help people in need up to a point.... just not going anyplace with people we don't know... "Here's my phone if you need to call a tow truck".

We don't approach people Griswold style, but have had people come into our area up in the mountains looking for directions while using a cellphone to drive on mountain roads/trails... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: Buy a USFS map you idjuts!!!

Shoot, man, no one knows about maps these days...
let alone a compass...

Give a topo to most people under the age of 40 and I'd guess that they'd think it's a piece of modern art. (Yes, I'm under 40. But yes, I traveled extensively by road when cell phones still flipped and was too broke to have one anyway)

I'm also good at reading rock climbing guides, which are more like chicken scratch on a bar napkin written by the town drunk trying to remember where he left his dog. Seriously, it's amazing we ever found anything.

Sorry to say but if I see people being friendly to me and I'm on the road the first thing that crosses my mind is...what do they want out of me? It sucks it's gotta be this way. I'd like to be able to trust people but I just can't, the way society is today it feels like someone is always trying to get the best of someone else....or worse.

Shoot, man, no one knows about maps these days...
let alone a compass...

Give a topo to most people under the age of 40 and I'd guess that they'd think it's a piece of modern art.

And yet they somehow think it should become my problem. Enough that they invade my camp while wearing their cool clothes, hip clothes, or biz casual and driving their mini-van or Prius on the backroad. Somehow I'm supposed to become their guide because they are too stupid to learn something about being in rural areas and instead must rely on locals to pull their butts out of the campfire. :rolleyes:

The first thing I ask them is to get their Forest Service map so that I can show there where they are and and where they are going. No map, ever. The next thing I ask is "Where ya from?" Oh yeah... Portland, Salem, Eugene, they read some article praising the E OR outback...

We help them, but that doesn't mean I won't :rolleyes: once they go on their way!!!

When I used to backpack, ya think we just groped around trying to find a lake/trail we had never been to before? ... Nope, we bought one of those topos you mentioned.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR