JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey neighbors!
I was wondering if anyone in the Oregon City, Wilsonville area might have a set of Go/No Go gages for 5.56 that I might be able to use real fast like to check my head space. I am nearly finished with my 1st AR build, and the head space check is one of the last things that I will need to do here soon. I could buy a set, but I'd rather not since it would likely be a 1-time use. Maybe it is worth a six pack of your favorite beer?

Hey neighbors!
I was wondering if anyone in the Oregon City, Wilsonville area might have a set of Go/No Go gages for 5.56 that I might be able to use real fast like to check my head space. I am nearly finished with my 1st AR build, and the head space check is one of the last things that I will need to do here soon. I could buy a set, but I'd rather not since it would likely be a 1-time use. Maybe it is worth a six pack of your favorite beer?

If you plan on building more, a set is well worth your $$.
You only need a GO gauge. To make it a NO-GO, you can put cellophane tape on the arse- end of the gauge. Debates will ensue about this, of course, but it does work. Check it out on EweTube.

The least expensive gauges I have found, which are still PT&D brand, can be purchased at Grizzly.com.

If you plan on building more, a set is well worth your $$.
You only need a GO gauge. To make it a NO-GO, you can put cellophane tape on the arse- end of the gauge. Debates will ensue about this, of course, but it does work. Check it out on EweTube.

The least expensive gauges I have found, which are still PT&D brand, can be purchased at Grizzly.com.

good point. Thank you! I might just consider buying the Go.
I think that Curt's in Milwaukie will do that for you.
True. I called them last week to get some prices on a few things...one of them was the head space check. They said that they could do it for $5! That is a great price.
But since I have done every thing on this build, starting with an 80% lower and it being milled to completion, I sort of want to do the head space check.....just as one more little detail that was done all by myself. It sounds a little silly, but I'm weird like that I guess haha

I wonder how often homebuilt AR headspace is an issue. Between me and a few friends I bet we have done 30 or so without an issue. I slap them together and shoot the piss out of em.

I wonder how often homebuilt AR headspace is an issue. Between me and a few friends I bet we have done 30 or so without an issue. I slap them together and shoot the piss out of em.
I haven't ever checked them and never had a problem.
Since the parts are all milspec,there shouldn't be a need to check it as long as you put the upper and the barrel together correctly.

With an AR you can have an out of spec barrel or an out of spec bolt. I have seen a combo of both and wow what a mess! It's rare but it happens!

I always use head space gauges on a new build..... That's what gauges are made for!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top