JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm getting the fever again to buy one. The 2017 has a cool hood induction deal. But there is no rebates on those.
Can't decide if I'd like a long or standard bed. I would like the crew style though. White or silver.

And no, at this point in my life I don't drive a long bed truck. Quite the opposite really. But when I was self employed and owned an RV, I drove a 2005 Dodge Ram 3500. 5.9 Cummins HO with an Edge Juice W/Attitude programmer and exhaust. Long bed crew cab. Dually. 4x4.

I'm getting the fever again to buy one. The 2017 has a cool hood induction deal. But there is no rebates on those.
Can't decide if I'd like a long or standard bed. I would like the crew style though. White or silver.
you should get one. if you decide to go older,avoid 2011 at all costs unless you can/ are able to delete all EGR, DEF, DPF, and DOC and then put a nice tune in it. 2011 was/ is the year that gives us(i work at a dealership)the most problems with the new emissions system.

I had a 2011 Silverado and it was the best thing since sliced bread for towing - had a 12,000lb trailer that I took to/from So Cal a couple of times and other than when there was traffic left it in cruise (w/tow mode set) the whole time...never missed a beat in the mountains. Trailer braking system worked great as well - never had to install an anti sway bar (caution: this was with my trailer set-up, you may need to depending upon a lot of variables including tongue weight).

Was also the most comfortable & quiet 3/4 ton that I ever had and was a joy to drive. Other than DEF (see below) my only real complaint is that I wish the rear view camera displayed in the console rather than the mirror so that the picture was larger. My mileage was averaging 18 city/highway and 14 when towing my trailer.

When we got rid of the trailer I was originally going to keep the truck but constant issues with the DEF convinced me to trade it in. It would report poor quality at random times - usually when it was only a couple of quarts down or would go into limp mode (telling me that DEF was empty when it wasn't) for a couple of miles and then magically recover. FWIW - most of my mileage was highway so the engine always had a chance to warm up completely and never had to initiate any manual regens. After a few dealer reprograms plus some diagnostics that I had to pay for I decided that I really didn't need a truck...let alone this one.

The DEF issues were really my only complaint and if it weren't for that I would still have that truck.

I looked it up and there it was, a crew cab long bed. I had a 2003 DirtyMax with an Allison crew cab with a long bed but to get the long bed I had to get a 3500. That worked for me...I was towing heavy back then.

I don't even think militant lesbians would drive one. It's more for the bear in a gay asian relationship.

I was hoping honda would have just killed the ridgeline. It's like the prius of trucks.

Militant lesbians usually go with a toyota tacoma.

I can't say much I drive a ford escape. And I hate it.

I want a truck so bad. But with two small kids there's no way I can afford a
$35-$50k truck.

If I get this promotion coming up there may be a new truck in the near future.

I won't be ready for a whole year, maybe two.
My question is, how good is the 6L50?

Kinda missing my ol lb7
6L50 is a great transmission. infact, some of the engineering for it derives from the Allison transmission. the 6L50 is just a smaller version of the 6L80 which from '09-10 i was replacing thr 1-2-3-4 clutch housings due to cracked clutch pistons. 9/10 times it was from the sheriffs department.HMMMMM...:rolleyes:the 6L50s did have output shaft issues early on but have been revised since then. anyway, im not seeing many issues with the 6L transmission anymore. once in a blue moon.

I had a 2011 Silverado and it was the best thing since sliced bread for towing - had a 12,000lb trailer that I took to/from So Cal a couple of times and other than when there was traffic left it in cruise (w/tow mode set) the whole time...never missed a beat in the mountains. Trailer braking system worked great as well - never had to install an anti sway bar (caution: this was with my trailer set-up, you may need to depending upon a lot of variables including tongue weight).

Was also the most comfortable & quiet 3/4 ton that I ever had and was a joy to drive. Other than DEF (see below) my only real complaint is that I wish the rear view camera displayed in the console rather than the mirror so that the picture was larger. My mileage was averaging 18 city/highway and 14 when towing my trailer.

When we got rid of the trailer I was originally going to keep the truck but constant issues with the DEF convinced me to trade it in. It would report poor quality at random times - usually when it was only a couple of quarts down or would go into limp mode (telling me that DEF was empty when it wasn't) for a couple of miles and then magically recover. FWIW - most of my mileage was highway so the engine always had a chance to warm up completely and never had to initiate any manual regens. After a few dealer reprograms plus some diagnostics that I had to pay for I decided that I really didn't need a truck...let alone this one.

The DEF issues were really my only complaint and if it weren't for that I would still have that truck.
the DEF issues were one of the only issues with 2011. funny thing is all the DEF part numbers stayed the same from 2011 to 2013... first and second design parts was the difference

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top