JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If you do not believe that China is wiping the floor with America in front of the rest of the world, just keep reading. The following are 47 signs that China is absolutely destroying America on the global economic stage....

#1 Back in 1998, the United States had 25 percent of the world's high-tech export market and China had just 10 percent. Today, China's high-tech exports are more than twice the size of U.S. high-tech exports.

#2 America has lost more than a quarter of all of its high-tech manufacturing jobs over the past ten years.

#3 The Chinese economy has grown 7 times faster than the U.S. economy has over the past decade.

#4 In 2010, China produced more than twice as many automobiles as the United States did.

#5 In 2010, China produced 627 million metric tons of steel. The United States only produced 80 million metric tons of steel.

#6 In 2010, China produced 7.3 million metric tons of cotton. The United States only produced 3.4 million metric tons of cotton.

#7 China produced 19.8 percent of all the goods consumed in the world during 2010. The United States only produced 19.4 percent.

#8 During 2010, we spent $365 billion on goods and services from China while they only spent $92 billion on goods and services from us.

#9 In 1985, the U.S. trade deficit with China was 6 million dollars for the entire year. The final U.S. trade deficit with China for 2011 will be very close to 300 billion dollars. That will be the largest trade deficit that one nation has had with another nation in the history of the world.

#10 The U.S. trade deficit with China is now 28 times larger than it was back in 1990.

#11 Since China entered the WTO in 2001, the U.S. trade deficit with China has grown by an average of 18% per year.

#12 According to the New York Times, a Jeep Grand Cherokee that costs $27,490 in the United States costs about $85,000 in China.

#13 According to the Economic Policy Institute, America is losing half a million jobs to China every single year.

#14 The United States has lost a staggering 32 percent of its manufacturing jobs since the year 2000.

#15 The United States had been the leading consumer of energy on the globe for about 100 years, but during the summer of 2010 China took over the number one spot.

#16 15 years ago, China was 14th in the world in published scientific research articles. But now, China is expected to pass the United States and become number one very shortly.

#17 China is also expected to soon become the global leader in patent filings.

#18 In 2009, the United States ranked dead last of the 40 nations examined by the Information Technology & Innovation Foundation when it came to "change" in "global innovation-based competitiveness" over the previous ten years.

#19 China now awards more doctoral degrees in engineering each year than the United States does.

#20 China now possesses the fastest supercomputer on the entire planet.

#21 China now has the world's fastest train and the world's most extensive high-speed rail network.

#22 The construction of the new $200 million African Union headquarters was funded by China.

#23 Today, China produces nearly twice as much beer as the United States does.

#24 85 percent of all artificial Christmas trees are made in China.

#25 Amazingly, China now consumes 53 percent of the world's cement.

#26 There are more pigs in China than in the next 43 pork producing nations combined.

#27 China is now the number one producer of wind and solar power on the entire globe.

#28 Chinese solar panel production was about 50 times larger in 2010 than it was in 2005.

#29 Right now, China is producing more than three times as much coal as the United States does.

#30 China controls over 90 percent of the total global supply of rare earth elements.

#31 China is now the number one supplier of components that are critical to the operation of U.S. defense systems.

#32 According to author Clyde Prestowitz, China's number one export to the U.S. is computer equipment. According to an article in U.S. News & World Report, during 2010 the number one U.S. export to China was "scrap and trash".

#33 The United States has lost an average of 50,000 manufacturing jobs a month since China joined the World Trade Organization in 2001.

#34 Back in the year 2000, more than 20 percent of all jobs in America were manufacturing jobs. Today, only about 5 percent of all jobs in America are manufacturing jobs.

#35 Between December 2000 and December 2010, 38 percent of the manufacturing jobs in Ohio were lost, 42 percent of the manufacturing jobs in North Carolina were lost and 48 percent of the manufacturing jobs in Michigan were lost.

#36 The average household debt load in the United States is 136% of average household income. In China, the average household debt load is 17% of average household income.

#37 The new World Trade Center tower is going to be made with imported glass from China.

#38 The new MLK memorial on the National Mall was made in China.

#39 A Washington Post/ABC News poll conducted a while back found that 61 percent of all Americans consider China to be a threat to our jobs and economic security.

#40 According to U.S. Representative Betty Sutton, an average of 23 manufacturing facilities a day closed down in the United States during 2010.

#41 Overall, more than 56,000 manufacturing facilities in the United States have shut down since 2001.

#42 According to Professor Alan Blinder of Princeton University, 40 million more U.S. jobs could be sent out of the country over the next two decades.

#43 Over the past several decades, China has been able to accumulate approximately 3 trillion dollars in foreign currency reserves, and the U.S. government now owes China close to 1.5 trillion dollars.

#44 According to the IMF, China will pass the United States and will become the largest economy in the world in 2016.

#45 According to one prominent economist, the Chinese economy already has roughly the same amount of purchasing power as the U.S. economy does.

#46 According to Stanford University economics professor Ed Lazear, if the U.S. economy and the Chinese economy continue to grow at current rates, the average Chinese citizen will be wealthier than the average American citizen in just 30 years.

#47 Nobel economist Robert W. Fogel of the University of Chicago is projecting that the Chinese economy will be three times larger than the U.S. economy by the year 2040 if current trends continue.

-- Credit to Michael at Economic Collapse Blog

Electric car or hybrid, I will pass.

Here is my reasoning given in a somewhat rhetorical, and tongue in cheek fashion.

What is the average expected life of any high drain rechargeable battery?

How long does it take to fully charge?

Can it go 400 miles on a charge or tank of fuel?

How long into the life of said battery does it develop a memory and charge quicker to a lesser capacity?

Hybrids, when driving past the initial charge run off of the generator, and when running off of the generator, what is the mpg of the vehicle?

How much does a replacement batterypack cost, and will replacing it cost more than one third of the car?

How long is the lease of said vehicle, or do you want to go and outright buy it?

I am not interested in buying something that is not going to be viable/cost efficient in 5 years time from date of purchase.

Just some things to think about, I know most of the answers and I don't really need a reply to the questions.

Volt is NOT an electrical car. It's a hybrid. GM had a great electrical car, the EV-1, but like all 'profit first' company's they took the bribes from 'big oil' and crashed the program. So Toyota ran over them and took the WHOLE market.
Bummer.

The Volt is a electric car, not a hybird. The gas motor only runs a generator, all power come from electric motors.

Hybirds, have power from the engine and the electric motor.

The Volt is a electric car, not a hybird. The gas motor only runs a generator, all power come from electric motors.

Hybirds, have power from the engine and the electric motor.

funny_derp_pictures_640_14.jpg

Electric cars have been around longer then internal combustion powered cars.

I think they are great.

They wont "pencil out" for most people at this time, but there getting close, and if figure in government incentive's they are there.

Not for everyone.

Sure they are there.<sarcasm>
If you only want to travel short distances to other public places. And those places better have charging stations.
If you are willing to take public transportation or use long-range private rental transpo for extended trips. Or spend days instead of hours to go 500 miles,...

If they were there already I could use my electric 4x4 on my 500 mile hunting trip to eastern OR this fall. Or use one for towing my boat, or to take my family on vacation, or the next time I move all my stuff.
Not gonna happen anytime soon, I'll guarantee you.

Bring on the flux capacitor!

<broken link removed>

General Motors extended-range electric Chevrolet Volt had its worst sales month since August, as negative publicity over fire risks hurt vehicles sales in January.

GM sold just 603 Volts - above its sales in January 2011, but far below GM's best-ever sales month in December, when GM sold 1,529 Volts.

Last week, GM North America President Mark Reuss said sales of the Volt have been hurt by bad publicity.

Reuss said bad publicity from the government's investigation into fire risks of post-crash Volts is "definitely a component" of the decline in sales.

GM sold about 7,700 in 2011, below GM's target of 10,000. GM abandoned its sales target of 45,000 for 2012 last month, saying it would match "supply to demand."

Even with guberment subsidies sales are pathetic. GM is doomed.

Perhaps you've seen Clint Eastwood's Super Bowl ad " <broken link removed> ". Was it intended to get us to buy a Chrysler, or was it an implicit endorsement of President Obama and his decision to support the bailout of the U.S. auto industry?

In any event, Limbaugh's parody of the ad is golden:

Last edited by a moderator:
GE “Forcing” Employees Into Chevy Volts

General Motors and General Electric are two companies that have been in the political crosshairs lately. GM stands accused of “crony capitalism,” while GE is under fire for paying no Federal income taxes in 2010. The two companies share more than that though, with GE placing an order for 12,000 Chevy Volts and other hybrid vehicles.

A memo leaked to Green Car Reports lays out GE’s plans for their new fleet of Volts, and as expected, it has some people crying foul.

The memo, sent to employees of GE Healthcare Americas team explains that all sedan, crossover, and minivan purchases in 2012 will be replaced by the Chevy Volt. Only field engineers are exempt from having to drive a company Volt.

GE will offer estimates for installation Level 2 Charging Stations, though all-gas use will be allowed when there is no electric option. Any employees who opt out of the Volt program will not be compensated for their expenses. Those who do choose to drive the Volt will be reimbursed for public charging and home charging costs, in addition to gas uses.

While some people are probably put off by having to drive a Volt, GE claims to have crunched the numbers and believes that in the long term, this will save the multi-national company big bucks. More than that though, GE is positioning itself as a big player in the EV charging market. Getting employees into Volts also means getting charging stations into homes.

It’s a bold move to be sure, and it will hopefully prove to be a boon to the Volt’s flagging sales numbers. GM had hoped to sell as many as 60,000 Volts in 2012, before dropping that number to 45,000. Will they even make that number though? Hard to tell, though GE’s business will go a long way towards giving the Volt some sales momentum.

If I had the cash my next vehicle would be a Tesla S or X.

Man, those vehicles are downright sexy! If only they weren't going to be $60,000+....

I like the under-development-in-Oregon Arcimoto Pulse. Great for a "city commute" second vehicle, and expected to be much more reasonably priced. Last I heard, the target price was going to be $15,000-$20,000.

Either way, both are US-made, powered by electricity, which is US-generated, and can be made 'clean' at the generation side with no changes to the vehicle.

Has anyone noted the UN Blue rubber gloves? They MUST be worn when messing with the vechicle, your pair get worn out or a TINY hole? replacement is easy through your dealer. Cost? $2500

Geez. Tesla needs to fix that flaw. Maybe they should include a "free" gasoline generator to prevent a $40k service bill in case the power is out for an extended period!?

I wasn't familiar with the Arcimoto. It might be a good option for around town as long as the heater and defroster system is up to par.

I think the Arcimoto is more along the lines of a motorcycle, thus the lack of airbags and such, I doubt it would have much for heating, cooling, and defrosting.

The hilarious part about electric cars is that they are the least "green" of any vehicles available. The reason? The source of the electricity to charge them.
Nationwide in the U.S.,...
Roughly 50% of them are coal powered.
Another 20% are natural gas powered. (<-this actually comes the closest to being "green")
Nuclear provides another 20%
The dams that local "green" fishermen love to hate provides the power for 6%.
1.1% are driven by petroleum anyway.
electricitysources.png
So, 3% of these "green" vehicles are being run on "green" power.

The enviro damage from battery making and disposal costs are more than enough to wipe that out.

The disconnect(s) in the liberal mind are often insurmountable.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top