JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Nitrile gloves for me. Sorting brass to cleaning suppressors. I always think about putting them on after I see my fingers turning black from case gauging, but too late of course. However, reloading rules are like the rules for chemistry class "Don't lick the spoon".

Of course:
Hornady brands everything, next up will be Red gloves. Then all the Dillon guys will get blue gloves, then everyone will have blue or red bandanas and the turf wars will brake out.....
295775_2601334955954_1332234195_2930958_549376353_n_0.jpg

I wear oven mitts and I lick the cheeto dust off my fingers while I'm reloading too.

When I had some, black nitrile gloves when sizing because of the lube on the cases. When actually loading I don't.

I wear nitrile gloves when loading. However due to current outages, I've been loading without them.

I'll have to get some nitrile coated gloves from a few posts here, seems like a more permanent solution.

I use the blue nitrate gloves from Harbor Freight.
I think they are $7.99 for a hundred of them.
I only use one on my left hand to handle the brass.
I deprime all my brass with a Lee Universal decapping die then wet tumble everything before I do any other work on the brass.

Stopped by Home Depot today on my rounds. They didn't have the ones in stock mentioned earlier in the thread, but I did check out several pair/makes.

Came across these, and man o man do they have a sticky texture! These more so than any of the others they had in stock. Grabbed a pair and tried them out this afternoon trimming a couple hundred cases with the Giraud.

Made a HUGE difference in how much force was required to hold onto the brass and keep it from spinning in my hands. No sore fingers today!

I'll still use the nitrile gloves for handling the clean brass and bullets, but these just got first place for my trimming/chamfering needs!

Thanks again for all the input!

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

I wear nitrile gloves when loading. However due to current outages, I've been loading without them.

I'll have to get some nitrile coated gloves from a few posts here, seems like a more permanent solution.

I can stand the wet hands when I wear straight nitrile. I do force myself to wear them when I'm changing the oil on one of the trucks though. Wifey wears them at work everyday because the paper bags, money and such dry her hands so bad. They're still available online last time I looked. Better priced too.

Stopped by Home Depot today on my rounds. They didn't have the ones in stock mentioned earlier in the thread, but I did check out several pair/makes.

Came across these, and man o man do they have a sticky texture! These more so than any of the others they had in stock. Grabbed a pair and tried them out this afternoon trimming a couple hundred cases with the Giraud.

Made a HUGE difference in how much force was required to hold onto the brass and keep it from spinning in my hands. No sore fingers today!

I'll still use the nitrile gloves for handling the clean brass and bullets, but these just got first place for my trimming/chamfering needs!

Thanks again for all the input!

View attachment 699010 View attachment 699011 View attachment 699012 View attachment 699013

Glad those worked for you. You may want to try a pair of the thinner nitrile palm too. They have a thinner woven material. They're not quite as thick, and slightly less grippy, so dexterity might be better.

Last Edited:
I have Costco Nitril gloves they are good for general use. I bought some Venom Steel Nitrile Gloves which are somewhat thicker than the Costco ones.

I have used one pair multiple used times for doing varnish stripping. I rinse them with water and let them dry and they are good to go again. I have use them for staining probably have 40 pairs left.

Rip Resistant Industrial Nitrile Gloves - Venom Steel

No gloves for reloading, but I sure wear leather for punching out gas checks.:rolleyes:
That darned flashing around the punch cuts is like razor wire.:(
Getting stuck isn't so bad. o_O
It's the reflex action when you jerk back that nails you. Like a fish on a hook.:eek:

Last Edited:
I wear oven mitts and I lick the cheeto dust off my fingers while I'm reloading too.

When I had some, black nitrile gloves when sizing because of the lube on the cases. When actually loading I don't.

This^^^ Mostly were the black nitrile gloves when sorting dirty brass, when resizing and any dirty job.
Like they really help sometimes, I'm rough on gloves....

D716382A-DEE9-404A-A2A6-46DBC068A26E.jpeg

For trimming I wear Gorilla gloves, they have a soft texture and an awesome grip to hold 223/556 shell's in the WFT and on the Lyman Case Prep Center.;)

Last Edited:
Never used gloves while reloading in over 40 years of reloading. Never had an issue caused by handling brass, and not sure how that could happen?

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top