JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anybody here use some sort of "grippy" glove for trimming, chamfering, flash hole deburring or other steps in their brass preparation?

I currently use nitrile gloves to keep the brass and bullets from getting corroded with oils and salts from my fingertips, but was wondering if anyone used a glove that has a little better grip on the brass, and reduces sore fingers. Lol.

Thanks in advance!

First pic was what I was thinking of unless the rubber would be inconvenient.

CE15E7A1-696D-421F-B4D8-8077ACE07188.png 84D905C5-38F6-4970-8EE5-1A069A8EF035.png

For use with a Giraud trimmer, I was looking for a better way to handle brass with more grip.

I found these to work exactly as I needed and at an obviously good price! The finger tips will occasionally wear out of them, but they are $1 per pair - so not even a second thought to toss them if needed. The first pair I used lasted nearly a year. As mentioned above, dexterity was a concern when looking for some, and these worked well - as long as you buy the right size.

I use nitrile gloves a lot. Keeps the lead off my fingers, and the oils from my skin off the pretty brass. I use the cloth/rubber gloves on one hand for hand priming, so I don't get blisters after 1000 rounds.

Instead of clubbing my sprue plates, I use my gloved hand when it's the perfect temperature.
I only use one glove because pimp.

@Certaindeaf: what's the first rule of sprue club?!? You don't talk about sprue club.

Like a gardening glove style? Hmmm... Might have to look into some of those! I'm sure they're not too expensive?

Hmmm, never thought of it. I DO use the Red Steer gloves with the stretchy back from Fred's for pretty much ALL outdoor/garage/mechanical work I might find myself doing. $4.99 and usually buy when their BOGO 50% off. Heck, I even leave them on when I drive. My hands are VERY soft because of it too. I think I might try putting a pair on the loading table?

One thing to note....The Freddy's gloves come in rubber AND Nitrile palms. I find the rubber WAY to grippy and thick. Stick with the nitrile palms for dexterity sake.

I usually forget to put on any gloves, then do so only after seeing how dirty my hands have become.
When my fingers are sore, in my head, I hear Dad in his low growl, "work through it, keep at it."

...Nut-Up Buttercup?......:s0114:

We are issued Showa/Atlas Model 370 gloves.
Game changer glove, IMO.
Protection WITH dexterity.
Nitrile palm.

I use them for pistol shooting as well.

ETA
Just typed this with a 370 on.
If you need thinner, you'll have to go with straight nitrile.

No gloves for me I like the natural feel and I always wash up afterwards anyways.......not seeing a need to wear them either.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top